Someone check my combo please

QwuickTurbo6

Does a 6157e, 200/200 cam, stock heads, alky, and 2800 PTC 10" make sense for an 11 sec street car? I bought the 6157 with the intention of using a stock converter..........that didnt work. I wish i had gone bigger now, especially seeing that the hot side of this turbo isnt the greatest. Is this a mismatch or do I need to learn to tune this thing to get solid into the 11s?

the parts you list should run 11's,what is the tune look,what does the timeslip indicate?

The turbo will easily support the power you are looking for.

the parts you list should run 11's,what is the tune look,what does the timeslip indicate?

I wasnt getting a good mph last year. I ran 12.20@110 with the converter unlocked. I just dont think its making the power it should and im trying to figure out why. It was running rich (air fuel in the low-mid tens) but im not sure thats giving up half a second?

That turbo will get you there. How much boost you running. You will probably need around 23 pounds maybe a little more.

Launch at 10 psi boost with good sticky tires and 20 psi boost.... should go into the 11's.

Launch at 10 psi boost with good sticky tires and 20 psi boost.... should go into the 11's.

Tried that and it didnt happen. I can 60' atleast 1.70 all day and at 22 psi im only trapping around 110 mph so the power on the top end just isnt there. Im starting to wonder if the valvesprings or cam are bad because i shift around 5500 and yet it only seems to pull up to 4700 or so.....

Tried that and it didnt happen. I can 60' atleast 1.70 all day and at 22 psi im only trapping around 110 mph so the power on the top end just isnt there. Im starting to wonder if the valvesprings or cam are bad because i shift around 5500 and yet it only seems to pull up to 4700 or so.....

Def check the valvesprings right away. That will leave power on the table. These cars like to lug too, so maybe shift at 5k instead of 5500rpm with your cam depending on how it's advanced? Then the valvespring issue will be less apparent and no sense spinning it past where it makes power. You can also lock the converter, you may be not very efficient with your current power level through an open converter. Get the AFR up too. 10.9-11.0 with alky is good and you are probably leaving 25-40hp on the table just with your rich AFR. Every car is different though so lean it out slowly until you start to see KR; hopefully you won't see any closer to 11.0 AFR.

Have you considered putting it on the dyno, maybe able to find the weak spot. What about the possibility of the trans slipping?

that a f r I use on my dual nozzle setup,if you have a single you have to move that afr.you would be surprised what tuning the combo in can do to a timeslip.you have to look at the gains from the 1/8 to the 1/4 and see where you at.also I dont know if you can lock the ptc 10 inch

Well the converter is a single disc that you arent supposed to lock but i locked it in third one run and picked up maybe 1.5 mph so its negligible. The trans was just gone through so i dont think its an issue here. I kinda figured it should pull a little past 5000rpm with the baby cam and ~23 psi boost but if i need to lower the shift point im not really sure how. mess with the governor weight? Also, i didnt put zinc in the oil before reading about it on the boards here......is there a way i could tell if a lobe is wiped w/o pulling the cam out(measure valve height?)

What size tires are on it? I had always run 26s and could never get out of the 114-115 trap speed area. I put some 28s on my car and went 11.42 @ 117 the first pass. Eventually went 11.32 @ 118 later in the day.

Hope this helps, and it's an easy switch.

What size tires are on it? I had always run 26s and could never get out of the 114-115 trap speed area. I put some 28s on my car and went 11.42 @ 117 the first pass. Eventually went 11.32 @ 118 later in the day.

Hope this helps, and it's an easy switch.

thanks. unfortunately i run a 28" tire

before you go looking and tearing into things,i think you should go into the pump gas alky section and read the thread on tuning,and get that right.i am not a master tuner,but i have knocked out over a .5 et at the track.low to mid 10's afr on a single nozzle is way to much fuel.

before you go looking and tearing into things,i think you should go into the pump gas alky section and read the thread on tuning,and get that right.i am not a master tuner,but i have knocked out over a .5 et at the track.low to mid 10's afr on a single nozzle is way to much fuel.

x2, I picked up 40hp and almost 100 lb/ft to the wheels just by leaning it out at a dyno ie: controlled environment, so a track works too. I went 11.87 later that day at the track when I wasn't able to break 12.20 before that and no parts were changed...