Some Pics Before the Body Goes Back On

G NASTY

This project has taken alot longer then expected to say the least, started out as a floor patch then new pans than body came off and entire floor was replaced, what ever wasnt was stripped/sandblasted and entire floor was epoxy primed, coated with lizard skin sound/heat deadner and finally sprayed with single stage jet black. i didnt pull the motor from the frame because i ran out of space at my buddies shop and it will be an easy project when i take the nose off to do firewall later this year. the only pieces from crossmember back that is not new was my exhaust because im still undecided on one i like. The LS1 rear setup is temp until i replenish the car funds then a Baer Big setup will be installed. i know in the pics there are two bushing in the #5 spot (GNX) i ended up just using the poly. Frame is really dusty in the pics, it will be washed and body reunited tommrow, im anxious as this car has been tied up for over a year.

Frame: Stripped,cleaned,sanded,sandblasted,treated then painted with por15, then two coats of por15 high build tie coat and sanded smooth then finished with two coats of Eastwood satin ceramic chassis paint.

Fuel/brake Lines: All new in Stainless steel from Classic Tube with new stainless Prop Valve.
Rear: Housing tubes welded,sandblasted,powdercoated. Every piece is brand new: Eaton 30 spline Posi,30 spline Moser axels, Moser Hipo Yoke, Motive performance line 3.42's,TA performance Girdle,Poly busings in the ears, new U-joints in the shaft, and all new bearrings/seals.

Brakes: LS1 rear calipers powdercoated red,new cross drilled slotted rotors, hawk pads, braided lines.

Shocks: Ridetech Triple Adjustable Shockwaves (air-ride) with remote reservoir.

Rear Sway Bar: DSE pro touring bar 1-1/8

Upper/lower Control arms: UMI adjustable roto-joint uppers, and roto-joint/poly lowers

Crossmember: Sandblasted, powdercoated with poly bushings, poly trans mount and new stainless cat hanger.

Wheels: Simmons FR-18x10 with new Nitto 555rII's 285/35 (rear)

Misc: UMI Control Arm Reinforcements, UMI driveshaft loop,NOS E-Brake lines,ARP Studs, and Energy Poly Body Bushings.
176.jpg179.jpg180.jpg181.jpg185.jpg

Wow! Very Nice! Looks like a lot of work there.

Too bad it all gets covered up.

Good luck
~JM~

Very nice set-up! I would love to be able to do a frame off. Great work!

I wish I had the room to do that!!!!!!
Looks awesome, great job.

Bryan

It's funny how these things snowball isn't it? At least you have the satisfaction of knowing it was done correctly and will last a long time.

Very nice work.

hello; Your time and hard work should be paid in a nice car. To bad all of us can't do the same.
IBBY

What is that red brace above the muffler that goes up to where the lower control arm mounts? Is it something added or a replacement for what is already there? I have a Metco and H&R setup and don't remember seeing that brace on each side.
I think more braces the better so just curious.

What is that red brace above the muffler that goes up to where the lower control arm mounts? Is it something added or a replacement for what is already there? I have a Metco and H&R setup and don't remember seeing that brace on each side.
I think more braces the better so just curious.

It's an extra brace to tie the uppers to the lowers and take some stress off the frame. Umi makes it.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. It has been ALOT of work. But it is paying off now seeing it all come togeather. Still along way to go..

Nice job, looks like you have alot of the car done. Is the motor patiently waiting its turn??