Some interesting military stuff...

LOL Hi Joe. Still having "fun" out there. Still wish I was there but they didn't recall me. Glad to here you're still around.

LOL Hi Joe. Still having "fun" out there. Still wish I was there but they didn't recall me. Glad to here you're still around.

They haven't managed to get me yet, not for a lack of effort though. Not sure why you would want to be back over here, but I do know what you mean. I went through a sort of withdrawal period when I came back from Iraq last time. Afghanistan is totally different than Iraq in so many ways.

I'm just curious. Who in this thread is under 35 years old?

Not me.

Glad to hear it for sure. Just don't get caught in you shorts like my fellow Texan did. He did make the news though. HMMMM, Maybe you should. He did get to come home afterwards because of it. It's an idea for you to get a break, isn't it? lol

I'm just curious. Who in this thread is under 35 years old?

"If you're not a Liberal when you are young, you don't have a heart.
If you're not a Conservative when you are older, you don't have a brain."

Don't know who first said it, but I'm old enough for it to make sense.

Turbo6Smackdown - I can agree and respect most of what you said there

As for "joining up" never would happen. I've never had the military personality in HS I got constantly bothered by the recruiters to the point I had to literally be angry at them as did most others. True or not the view that I had of the military when I was 18 is that they went off places to shoot at ppl and get shot at. At that age I wasn't really willing to risk a life that was just starting and finally get some freedom. Not the kinda thing that really interested me, I'd rather sleep in, my parents harrassed me enough I didn't need some drill Sargent screaming at me. It just didn't appeal to me and it wasn't for me. I dislike being bossed around 24/7 thats why I hated school and I hated my parents, military would have just been a further continuation of being oppressed.

If I wanted someone bothering me 24/7 I'd get married LOL. Hence why I'm not

Though, you have all ''the harrassing'' wrong. Noone harrasses you in the army. And sleeping in? How. Where on this planet can you sleep in, when working a job? Sleeping in ends on HS graduation. NO job let's you ''sleep in''. And if you have a job, you're ''bossed around''. Period. There's no getting around it.
'' I own my own company''... ok, so the customers boss you around then. Trust, me, EVERYone has a chain of command. EVERYone.
Noone bosses me around in the army. Cuz I already know what to do when I show up that morning. I show up, and ''go to work''. Not an order needs to be muttered. :)
Actually, when I look at alll the other jobs I've had. The army is one of the nicer jobs I've had..
Tell me about those lay offs....

I wish you knew what I do..

Here is obviously what you don't know. Article 88 of the UCMJ:

Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

Doesn't matter if you are commissioned or not. As far as your MOS it really doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you agree with the leadership or not, as a Soldier you do as your told. If you dont like it get out or go to Canada. You need to check your personal values. Odds are you have had the chance to get out or reenlist since the invasion of Iraq. Suck it up or gtfo, I can mail you a straw if needed.

I wish you knew what I do..

Regardless of what you do in the military, you should never be unprofessional.. we have all worked under bad leadership, regardless if it has been in the military, or any type of job in the civilian world.... You should learn from them (bad leadership) and work hard everyday not to be like them.. Lead by example.. dont have your soldiers running around with a bad attitude...think before you speak, im sure your leadership has talked to you about voicing your opinions.... GOD SPEED to you.. :)

Please lock this thread or move it over to the political forum... I'm tired of reading it and how it has gotten under multiple people's skin... thanks to all of you who posted for your service.

BT

Anybody got pics of Mr Rogers' tats? I know its true but I still don't believe it.

Naw, it's not true. I'm the OP (original poster). I was passing on an e-mail forwarded to me by my father-in-Law.
Mr. Rogers was none of the above. It was de-bunked by turbo nasty in the second post. This thread has evolved from there.

And I do work to not be like them. I do everything fairly.
As for the civilians that run the military, they are absoulutely corrupt. And that's a LOT more ''against the law'' than someone speaking their mind.
And yes, I have reenlisted since Iraq. I did so, because my guys asked me to. Like I said, it was the ONLY reason I did so. And I'm very sure, you guys have met more than enough guys, who feel the same way I do...

I wish more people would read the Declaration of Independence. What exactly it was written for, and why it was specifically worded that way. Then, after that, read several different books on the Revolutionary War.