Some interesting appraisal info

HYBRIDT

So, my parents got my car appraised for my birthday present this year, and I was quite suprised. The appraiser is registered with NADA as a licensed appraiser and has extensive experience as a custom car appraiser. With that being said he doesn't use spell check and got a couple of his facts mixed up, but all in all it was a really neat experience. It cost a lot to get done, I think around $500, but what I received in the mail is a whole booklet covering every aspect of my car with lots of pictures and it's kind of like a magazine. Here's the summary pages of the appraisal.

Adam

Attachments

• 05-61 Nonis, 87Buick Regal.jpg
    05-61 Nonis, 87Buick Regal.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 05-61 Nonis, 87Buick Rega pg3l.jpg
    05-61 Nonis, 87Buick Rega pg3l.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 125
Oh, yeah. After getting the appraisal started, but before getting the final copy in order to switch insurance companies, I managed to rear end someone on the way to work.......soooooo... With a little MORE work it'll be just a little different this coming summer. :( At least most of it'll have fresh paint again. :tongue:

Adam

I love that car :mad: I hope you didnt hurt it to bad :(

Nah, it's fine. It's basicly just a header panel, bumper, and intercooler. I'm gonna switch to a stretch stock location though. Probably either the PTE or a Thunderfab. I just couldn't believe he came back with the $60,000 figure. Kinda scares me to have it now. I know that's just its value and not what it would get if I sold it, but wow. I've now got an 86 Regal (N/A) to drive daily. By the way I can't believe the difference in power from a turbocharged, fuel injected v6 to a carbed, same c.i. motor.

Adam

Pinky sized hole right in the exact center of the core right through the middle of a tube. There was a stud sticking out of the back of my header panel that was for a support bracket between it and the core support that went straight through. It is slightly bent too though, but not bad at all.

Adam

Yeah, Gbody parts has all the stuff I need. I'm just waiting to hear back from the insurance people. The lady that came out to estimate it was thoroughly confused on how to write it up since the front half is Cutlass. She also thought the intercooler was a radiator. She took a lot of pictures and said she'd get back to me on tuesday probably. Do you think you could swing by one night on your way home and tell me if the core support is straightenable? It doesn't look bad, but I'm not sure if where it's bent is too thick to straighten.

Adam