Some fallen Tr's. ....don't hate me for this....

Ugh, Those look entirely toooo familiar.:redface: If I'd taken pics I'd share tho. Stupid nose dive often seems to take the front bumper outa the equation...

I can't help but think that if some of the factory understeer weren't dialed outa them street cars, they might've escaped the damages.

On a brighter note, I think I'll go look at the TTA down the road tomorrow. I've already begun work that you guys would hate on my current Regal.

Wow...my 84 Made the list....I still miss that car.

Here are a few more pictures...From Good...To Bad...To Stripped!

Attachments

• 76957813HOApbs_ph.jpg
    76957813HOApbs_ph.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,726
  • 86148324fDefcF_ph.jpg
    86148324fDefcF_ph.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 2,742
  • 95976924GwjRuB_fs.jpg
    95976924GwjRuB_fs.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 2,761
I'm use to seeing those kinds of cars in person. Doesn't even shock me any more. I have become numb to it.
I have a hell of a picture collection. I actually went thru & deleated alot of them that were more then a few years old. Most pics I get are from insurance companies.

Some are all the way on the opposite side of the country & are easy fixes.

Other happen 150 feet away from GBP.

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 2,686
  • Scott's 86 SS wreck 003.jpg
    Scott's 86 SS wreck 003.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 2,698
  • Scott's 86 SS wreck 001.jpg
    Scott's 86 SS wreck 001.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,693
Wow.

So, um, I suddenly want to get full coverage insurance on mine. Should I find a collector car insurance company or try to go through my own and have it at a "stated value"?

Agreed Value and Stated Value are NOT the same (do a search).

You want Agreed Value Coverage.

that hurts

to have all that money invested and wind up having something happen to it at the track or worse a hit and run driver sucks. i had to chase down one several years back and went through it with my bro in law who was broad sided at an intersection and it wasn't his fault. the guy had insurance and said he didn't. wife knew someone in the insurance industry and she looked up the truck and found out the address and it wound up being in his brothers name. we went to the house and had a long talk with them. at 1st they were trying to act like they weren't going to do anything about it. when we started talking about lawyers and lawsuits they changed their tone quick. sucks that you have to go through that but some people just don't like to take responsibility at all.

There was one posted here years ago... Someone hit a tree or telephone pole and hit it so hard it ripped the engine and transmission out of the car...

Bent the fram in a upside down U shape.... I know the member is on this board, i searched and cannot find the pictures.

It made the front page or at least the local news paper. Black and white photos.
It was fubar.
BW

Mark H. at TR custom parts used to have that one up on his website but I can't find the link there anymore.

Where's the pics of the one that burnt up on the highway awhile back? And the theft recovery that was almost completely stripped? Or the GNx that was rebodied?

You know I really should have taken pictures of the car in my signature for posterity. In 2003 it was involved in a crash with a Jetta. The damage was extensive but not necessary fatal. The frame was bent forward of the front suspension (the suspension was still square on the frame machine). You'd be amazed at what they did The current hood is the one that was in the crash.

my first GN in 86 (car was 3 months old) .. fixed it.. 3 years later destroyed :eek: became a parts car.. engine and trans an interior and a few rims .. Rest was JUNK !! Car was beater from day 1 till it died that night !! What a ball I had racing that car !!

Attachments

• D6.jpg
    D6.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,572
  • D5.jpg
    D5.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,545
all of a sudden... I feel kinda like being sick... :(

They ALL WENT DOWN VICTORIOUS and in battle... like the Trojans warriors... if that helps.

What's the story behind this one? Looks like it was a nice car. Any "before" pics?

91004d1263532334-some-fallen-trs-dont-hate-me-dsc00008.jpg

Before Pic:

CarShow002.jpg

It was a cool, rainy, morning on the 4th of March, 2004. I had returned from a trip the night before at about 11:00 pm. I got up at about 5:30 am to go to work and prepare for another trip the next day. I was a bit tired (my wife told had told me to sleep in when I got home). On my way to work, I ended up taking a left turn right in front of an early 80's 3/4 ton chevy pick-up traveling between 50-60 mph. I was busy thinking about my upcoming trip, my past trip (I had got to fly the T-6II Texan, the Air Force's primary trainer aircraft), and I was tired. I think I looked right at the truck and didn't assess it as a hazard with everything going through my mind and being tired.

No body to blame for this carnage other than me. I wish I would have listened to my wife the night before. You are right, this was great car that was trouble free and ran very strong.

A lot of the parts were transplanted on my current TR (which is identical other than the interior color), but I still wish I had this one.

The only body panels that were straight on the car (after the accident) were the driver's side door and the trunk lid. Every other body panel was bent from the energy of the truck being transferred into the car.

I ended up strapped to to a backboard and got to stare at the ceiling of an ambulance on the way to the hospital. I received some stitches to my hands from the broken glass which was flying through the car. I wear glasses (which I hate), and my left lens was cracked from some of the flying glass. That is one time I am glad I was wearing glasses.

My back and neck have hurt since the accident. Be careful out there. One moment of inattention can nearly kill you. I am very glad I didn't have my wife or son in the passenger seat.

Rob