Sold my TTA Today

Rogue Leader

Eat my valvestem caps!!!!
So the TTA went to its new owner today. I did the dropoff this morning in south Philadelphia, for its new owner to take home. As for the price, we worked out something fair for both of us, and her new owner seemed very excited about it. As for me, I was very sad to see it go, it was actually finally running right, but I realize its the right thing for me to do now, and the home its going to i KNOW its going to be well taken care of and treated as a collectible car of its caliber should be treated.

On the way home (took Amtrak) I stopped at Pats Steaks in South Philly and had a "provolone steak wit", and then I wrapped up a "provolone pepper steak wit" to take home, save that one for tomorrow! MMM good stuff, although as an overall city, no offense philly guys, NY kicks your ass.

Now.... Its time for my new toy:

http://carad0.ipixmedia.com/abc/carad/9708002x783138/783138-08162003162636-22_L.JPG

99 Trans Am, NBM, 73k Miles, 6 speed, TCS, T-tops, Monsoon Sound, Grey Leather, BONE stock (thank God), Its going to be delivered in 2-3 Weeks from Texas. And the BEST part... only $9800!!!

Couple more shots...

http://carad0.ipixmedia.com/abc/carad/9708002x783138/783138-08162003162636-32_L.JPG
http://carad0.ipixmedia.com/abc/carad/9708002x783138/783138-08162003162636-1_L.JPG
http://carad0.ipixmedia.com/abc/carad/9708002x783138/783138-08162003162636-4_L.JPG
http://carad0.ipixmedia.com/abc/carad/9708002x783138/783138-08162003162636-26_L.JPG
http://carad0.ipixmedia.com/abc/carad/9708002x783138/783138-08162003162636-28_L.JPG

Needs a little cleaning maybe, but it will work out ;)

Selling the Regal soon, Probably!

Only tourists and out of towners go to Pat's or Geno's in Philly ;)
The good stuff can be had at Jim's on South Street and some other small places along Oregon Ave in South Philly.
Philly has its good and bad just like New York. Just dont tangle with a Philly sports fan. They rank up there with the European soccer fans as being crazy. :D

Good luck on your new TA.

When I was up visiting family in PA (Lansdale) I went with my cousin Paul to Philly to get a chesse steak from Geno's (My cousin told me Geno's is cleaner and prefers them over Pat's)....... It was kind of funny how Geno's and Pat's are so close to each other and also my cousin was not f_cking around when he said it's not the greatest neighborhood (basically it's a ghetto)!!! I had two chesse steaks and they were awesome (well worth the drive IMO)...... I even bought a chesse steak for a homeless guy that was over on the basketball court right across from Geno's cause I just felt bad to be eating so much in front of a guy who is probably lucky to eat twice a day:(

That area of Philly is definitely NOT a good place for anybody to go alone especially if you don't know your way around and that's why I went with my cousin.....

Anyways I'm sorry to see you sell the TTA, but it looks like you'll have some fun with that LS1 T/A!

Good luck with it:) :cool:

Thanx guys!!

Pats was highly reccomended so thats where we went, I had said Genos, but even the taxi driver said Pats.

I brought my friend Mike too, whos a big guy, for protection LOL.

Originally posted by Rogue Leader

I brought my friend Mike too, whos a big guy, for protection LOL.

I'm not exactly a small guy (6'4" 260lbs), but my cousin was my protection (he is 6'7" and like 280-300lbs)..... Thing is no matter how big you are if one of those homies pulls out a gun you beeeeeees f_cked as they would say in the ghetto:D LOL!

Next time I'm up I think I'll try Pat's just for the hell of it to see how it compares to Geno's...... Nobody down here can make a chesse steak like they can in Philly!

Originally posted by GNVAIR
Only tourists and out of towners go to Pat's or Geno's in Philly ;)
The good stuff can be had at Jim's on South Street and some other small places along Oregon Ave in South Philly.

Yup!

Actually the area where Geno's and Pat's steaks are located isnt that bad. It might look ghetto, but it is very safe. It is usually mobbed after the clubs on Delaware Ave let out. Both places are open 24 hours a day, 7 days aweek. Meaning you can get a steak at 8am if you wanted one**uggh!**
Next time you come to Philly, go to South Street and get one from Jim's. Much better than the Kangaroo meat that Geno's and Pat's serve.

Originally posted by GNVAIR
Actually the area where Geno's and Pat's steaks are located isnt that bad. It might look ghetto, but it is very safe. It is usually mobbed after the clubs on Delaware Ave let out. Both places are open 24 hours a day, 7 days aweek. Meaning you can get a steak at 8am if you wanted one**uggh!**
Next time you come to Philly, go to South Street and get one from Jim's. Much better than the Kangaroo meat that Geno's and Pat's serve.

Cool next time I'm up I will definitely try Jim's....... Whenever I'm up I usually end up eating a chesse steak almost every day I'm there cause I can't get a decent one down here..... Needless to say when I get back down here I have to lose a little weight..... hehe;) :eek:

Steve 86Brick

Steve,

You are a huge b_tch!!!
I had no idea.
If I come to orlando I hope you have my back!!!

Shoot me an email with the latest gossip from florida.

Re: Steve 86Brick

Originally posted by John Wilde
Steve,

You are a huge b_tch!!!
I had no idea.
If I come to orlando I hope you have my back!!!

Shoot me an email with the latest gossip from florida.

I got your back John!!!:D

I'll send you an email later tonight.........

See ya!:) :cool:

WOW-how in the heck did you find such a good deal on the TA------that is a real steal-hope you enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Geoff

ebay is your friend... It probably woulda been bid up higher, but I just went ahead and found out the reserve form the seller and made my own "buy it now" and he went for it. worked out perfect for me!!

I've seen '98 and '99 "Stripper" Z28 LS1 Camaros with around 50-70K miles selling for about the same price (I even saw one a couple of weeks ago selling for $8K)....... If I was going to buy an LS1 car it would be a '98 or '99 "Stripper" Z28 with an A4 trans!

Originally posted by 86brick
I've seen '98 and '99 "Stripper" Z28 LS1 Camaros with around 50-70K miles selling for about the same price (I even saw one a couple of weeks ago selling for $8K)....... If I was going to buy an LS1 car it would be a '98 or '99 "Stripper" Z28 with an A4 trans!

Yeah I coulda paid a bit less and got a Z28, but I really dont like the look of them. Trans Ams go for more, but they (IMO) look so much nicer. As for the Tranny, Ive been thru about 9 cars in the past 6 years and all have been auto and I ALWAYS wanted a stick, I just always ended up with autos thru weird circumstances. Im not really much of a drag racer anyway, especially now that my TTA is gone...

Originally posted by Rogue Leader
Yeah I coulda paid a bit less and got a Z28, but I really dont like the look of them. Trans Ams go for more, but they (IMO) look so much nicer. As for the Tranny, Ive been thru about 9 cars in the past 6 years and all have been auto and I ALWAYS wanted a stick, I just always ended up with autos thru weird circumstances. Im not really much of a drag racer anyway, especially now that my TTA is gone...

I hear ya..... In the looks department the T/As definitely look more aggressive, but I also like how the Camaros look.... I'm more of a drag racer so that's pretty much the reason for wanting an auto....... To each his own:)

I will say this though...... It is very nice that the car you are buying is stock because most likely this means that it wasn't beat on much and it looks to be a very clean car that was well taken care of!

If you do take it to the track please let us know how it runs (I'd especially like to see how it runs in its current stock form).....

Later.

I'm not exactly a small guy (6'4" 260lbs),

HOLY SH*T ....Brick,sorry to hijack the thread, I think I will withdrawl my forfiet on that 1/4 mile foot race, with a short rest at the 1/8 mile (which I am sure we both will need.....) I think I can take ya!

Originally posted by EightSecV6
HOLY SH*T ....Brick,sorry to hijack the thread, I think I will withdrawl my forfiet on that 1/4 mile foot race, with a short rest at the 1/8 mile (which I am sure we both will need.....) I think I can take ya!

Bring it on Bill!:D ;) LOL!

I hear ya..... In the looks department the T/As definitely look more aggressive, but I also like how the Camaros look.... I'm more of a drag racer so that's pretty much the reason for wanting an auto....... To each his own:)

I will say this though...... It is very nice that the car you are buying is stock because most likely this means that it wasn't beat on much and it looks to be a very clean car that was well taken care of!

If you do take it to the track please let us know how it runs (I'd especially like to see how it runs in its current stock form).....

Later.

Oh yeah that was one of my big criteria on buyin a new car.. I DO NOT want someone elses project!! lol! no more of that!

Of course I'll probably end up at the track eventually... hopefully I know how to actually launch and shift the car by then!

Yeah I've seen a lot of guys down here get burnt on buying a car that was modded to hell...... It's much better to be safe and buy one that is stone stock especially when you don't personally know the previous owner!

As far as launching and shifting it I'm sure Mike (TTA89) could give you some tips on that because he had his '99 M6 LS1 T/A running low 13's @106mph in stock form!