Soft pedal..

turboculosis

Pleasant peasant
Car has been sitting for a while awaiting the new motor. Well new motor is in and running, but brake pedal goes to the floor and soft. If you pump like 3 times it gets firmer but just to go soft again instantly. There is no leaks anywhere that I can see. Also the PM unit is a rebuilt one from Kirban installed about 5 yrs ago and worked fine till it sat and to this point. Any hints to where to look first? TIA
Bad Accumulator?:confused:Will just sitting make the seals go bad in the MC?

Car has been sitting for a while awaiting the new motor. Well new motor is in and running, but brake pedal goes to the floor and soft. If you pump like 3 times it gets firmer but just to go soft again instantly. There is no leaks anywhere that I can see. Also the PM unit is a rebuilt one from Kirban installed about 5 yrs ago and worked fine till it sat and to this point. Any hints to where to look first? TIA
Bad Accumulator?:confused:Will just sitting make the seals go bad in the MC?

Try re-bleeding the system before doing anything else. If that doesnt clear it up, I'm thinking the master may be the culprit. Try that first and then go from there. Since the pedal gets firmer after pumping it, I would say the accumulator is still good.

Try re-bleeding the system before doing anything else. If that doesnt clear it up, I'm thinking the master may be the culprit. Try that first and then go from there. Since the pedal gets firmer after pumping it, I would say the accumulator is still good.
Thanks jd!!! Bled all four wheels and pedal came back to normal. Also did Zeus's acc. Pump down and up procedure and was able to get some air out of the acc prior to bleeding all 4 wheels. I also found my rear brakes were out of adjustment and fixed that. My brakes feel as good as when the this reman. PM unit was first put in a couple or years ago. Glad it wasn't a bad MC....
--Alan