So... Why can't they dyno/tune my car?

I'm keeping my 60's and the stock ecm for my next build and if I don't make at least 600rwhp, it'll be a dissapointment. It won't be a record breaker, but I'm not anticipating any issues.

EDIT: Probably closer to 550rwhp. What does it take to go 130mph? 135? I think it takes almost 900 to go over 150mph in a full weight car.
you should have no problem making 550 rwhp with 60s....I had 60s and a 6765 in my WH1 Otto tuned....and It made 556 rwhp and 600 LBS of torque at 22 lbs boost 0 knock :) Another lb or 2...600hp no problem ;)

you should have no problem making 550 rwhp with 60s....I had 60s and a 6765 in my WH1 Otto tuned....and It made 556 rwhp and 600 LBS of torque at 22 lbs boost 0 knock :) Another lb or 2...600hp no problem ;)

Thanks! I think I'm going 6266 but I plan to run close to 30psi if needed to run the number, so I think it'll do 600rwhp if run hard. One way to find out.

we4Mateo said:
Thanks! I think I'm going 6266 but I plan to run close to 30psi if needed to run the number, so I think it'll do 600rwhp if run hard. One way to find out.

With good heads?

With good heads?

Hopefully they'll be good. I'm not doing Champions but I do plan on having them ported. Mostly bowl work and inside radius. I want to cut the intake guides and have seals fitted to the exhaust guides too. Good valves, three angle seats. Planning a 206 cam but may go 212. What is the new cam preference with these cea wheels? I always forget, exhaust or intake biased? I've always run a matched ie 208/208, but would a 206/212 or a 212/206 be better? 110lsa is the plan too.

Hopefully they'll be good. I'm not doing Champions but I do plan on having them ported. Mostly bowl work and inside radius. I want to cut the intake guides and have seals fitted to the exhaust guides too. Good valves, three angle seats. Planning a 206 cam but may go 212. What is the new cam preference with these cea wheels? I always forget, exhaust or intake biased? I've always run a matched ie 208/208, but would a 206/212 or a 212/206 be better? 110lsa is the plan too.
i'm not sure exactly, but my engine was 30 over,4 angle ported stock heads, big valves, 150lb valve springs, harland sharp rockers, 220/224 cam etc. Some folks said i had to much cam.....But the the guy that built that engine for me is a top fuel racing dude....All i no is that car was strong thru the power band....GN Brett loved it :D To bad we never got a chance to turn it up b4 it was stolen :mad: walking it out at that modest tune the car went 11.20 at 122mph w/regular street driving air pressure, no brake boost:eek: A good pass would've easily went middle 10s.....dropping air pressure n building some boost

we4Mateo said:

You select the cam based on your needed rpm range. The compressor moves mass flow and doesnt really get changed much by the cam. The higher you turn up the boost the better the
cam will work. 210@.050 is plenty for a 130mph application. Adding duration and overlap changes the car too much IMO. The low duration cams with less over lap are much better for drivers. I'd probably run more LS than that unless I was looking for every bit if peak hp there.

You select the cam based on your needed rpm range. The compressor moves mass flow and doesnt really get changed much by the cam. The higher you turn up the boost the better the
cam will work. 210@.050 is plenty for a 130mph application. Adding duration and overlap changes the car too much IMO. The low duration cams with less over lap are much better for drivers. I'd probably run more LS than that unless I was looking for every bit if peak hp there.
The man has spoken ;) take his advice on your cam choice....Keep us posted

Thanks! I will follow your advise. I'm not planning on running more than 5500rpm. I'll add tires size to gear it down if needed.

not sure if anyone cares but I researched some and I decided to purchase and run the following to help out with tunability. Thanks.

MAF Translator Gen-II
MAF Sensor - LT1 3.0"
Extender Extreme G Chip (to work with GEN-II)

King Louis, you back in Texas yet? We will have to plan and meet up at Charlie's one day soon.

Come December Bro!! I went home for like 10 days recently.. But we'll catch up also I have some parts for sale (new) you and Charlie have dibs at a discount.

not sure if anyone cares but I researched some and I decided to purchase and run the following to help out with tunability. Thanks.

MAF Translator Gen-II
MAF Sensor - LT1 3.0"
Extender Extreme G Chip (to work with GEN-II)

Cool thing is, if you get a wideband later, you can add that and use the Gen II to enable wideband tracking to target a specific A/F ratio to make it "easier" to tune at WOT. Hopefully you got the plug n play adapter for the Gen II as well as a wire adapter for the MAF, makes the install 1000x easier.

Cool thing is, if you get a wideband later, you can add that and use the Gen II to enable wideband tracking to target a specific A/F ratio to make it "easier" to tune at WOT. Hopefully you got the plug n play adapter for the Gen II as well as a wire adapter for the MAF, makes the install 1000x easier.

I bought all of that from TurboTweak and I looked around for an adapter thinking that it may be needed but couldnt find anything.. Possibly comes with the kit? Man I hope so.

Thanks Boss!! I hit up Eric @ TT. He ensured that everything needed to install was included. Surprised also.. His turn around time on my order was one day to another. Props to TurboTweak for sure.