So what is the lowest VIN numbered 87 TURBO LIMITED PRODUCED?

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
well, after looking my white 87 turbo limited over for awhile-
i finally decided to post a few things about it-

it was produced 9-86 and has the T-TYPE emblem in the center horn ring-
i purchased this car from the original owner, and looked at the paperwork last weekend, and it shows that he got it new with 3500 miles and i need to check the month it was purchased-
i guess it was a dealer promo, or zone car...

what strikes me is the #10 written on the core support with the date mid november 1986 , i forget i think its 11-18-1986,paint is in nice perfect blue paint pen:confused:

i need to call the original owner, but was just wondering what was the lowest VIN number TURBO LIMITED produced? maybe mine was the #10 that the dealer recieved, or perhaps #10 out for 1987????
so, if anyone has a 1987 limited, look at the door sticker and see when it was made, maybe mine is just a earlybird????
if yours has 9-86 or there abouts, lets find out whose was made first!!!!
anyone want to find out?
BW

EVAN-
since only 1035 turbo limiteds were produced, i would assume it is still considered a low production number due to the date it has on the door sticker-

i did some more looking on my paperwork, and found the booklet "WARRANTY AND OWNER ASSISTANCE INFORMATION"

it shows 10-28-86 on the delivery and "in service" at 4-16-87
mileage at delivery 3394 miles- JAMES MOTOR CO INC ..HAYS KANSAS 67601

anyone know what month in 86 they started producing the 87 turbo regals? i looked in kirbans book and could not find it-

oh yeah, i also found out a punch style card from the COOP in when he weighed it- 3470:eek: what a beast!

The 10 is the techs number at the dealer that did the pre delivery inspection. Many techs put thier number and date inspected on the car to mark the car as being checked, serviced and ready for delivery. The vehicle manufacturer pays every dealer to do the inspection and install parts that were not installed for shipping purposes.

Mine was built the first week of Oct 1986.

Go to the Fisher body plate under the hood and look on the cowl above the wiper motor but under the winshield wiper reveal.
The upper left corner has a code that you can decipher about the build date.
Mine was H10A
H = 1987 model year
10 = month built (Oct)
A = week built (First)
This should correlate to the Driver door sticker for production date
(Generally within a week)
Remember the bodies were built by Fisher in Pontiac Michigan and then shipped over to Flint for GM to complete.
Also 1987 was an extended run year. They produced from approximately Aud/Sept 1986 until December 11,1987 when they closed the plant and ended G-body production.
The last GN/Regal/G-body was VIN #65,288 (The last digits of your VIN. Started at #400,000-ended at 465,288)
Mine was #13,186
Happy Hunting!!;) :D :)

great info guys-
thanks for the lesson on how our cars were built-

my vin# is 408093

BW

Just wanted to add the following info regarding Regal production: bodies were produced in Flint at Fisher Body Plant 1 with final assembly C.P.C. Pontiac; 1987 Regal production started in late July/early August 1986 with build out scheduled for July 29, 1987 and extended run GN production commencing August 3, 1987.
Tom

My car was purchased by the original owner (from whom I bought it with 42k last July) on March 10, 1987.
I have the car cover on it now, so I didn't look at the cowl tag.
:D
Sean.

good deal, sounds like we are getting some more LIMITED VIN numbers-

someone needs to start a LIMITED REGISTRY:cool:

My Dads was the First and rarest ever produced, you snooze you loose....now answer my PM that I sent you twice now... :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Mine is a EARLY car too

I know mine was orginally purchased in mid Dec. 1986......and I think it was built in Sept. or Oct. of that same year. But would have to check to be sure..

I replied to your pms there sparky.. :cool:

Please check your door sticker and find out when it was built, I still would like to know at what vin number the turbo limiteds started production.

BW

My Fisher body plate under the hood says H 02 A. The door sticker says 2/87 vin is 429768. You can't beat the sleeper limited!

bulid date 10/86 vin # 411483 (think it was 411 dead bug is covering half of the number lol and its to cold to move everything to get to it lol) :cool:

Here is a pic of mine, just fartin around

Attachments

• 100_2790 (Small) (2).jpg
    100_2790 (Small) (2).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 175
My build date is 7/87 & the last digits of the vin are 51410, so I guess this means I have one of the "newer" Limiteds LOL