So I go to check my oil today

LTNG KLLR

I change my oil every month on my car as well as my parents cars, anyway I today i popped the hood cause I got an idea for a new cold air setup which i think will work;) , I took of the MAF and up pipe not even looking in them so while I was under there I decided to check my oil it was low hmmm wierd ok looked in the up pipe :confused: this aint right theres oil in there reach into the inlet bell grap the turbine shaft no end play but oh my plenty of side to side to go from here to eastern sea board :eek: f*ck, anyway just ranting, now which turbo to get:D

do you have the stock passenger side valve cover breather that is connected to the inlet bell? if so i bet this is where the oil is from. replace this with a small KN filter and block off plug (available as a kit from most vendors) and see if it solves your problems before spending $500+ on a new turbo and getting oil in it too.

also if there is oil on your turo then its most likely in the intercooler too. oil vapors degrade the octane rating of your fuel which is BAD. pull the intercooler, flush it out w/5 cans of carb cleaner and water, clean out all inlet/MAF pipes also and reinstall. i noticed a little difference but mainly i just gained more peace of mind knowing i was running true 93 octane through my engine:) IC cleaning time is also a good time to upgrade all inlet/MAF pipe hoses/clamps to ensure a proper, leak-free seal in all areas exposed to boost pressure.

you can also make your own blockoff kit like i did. heres what to do:

1) remove stock passenger side valve cover breather and S hose assembly but keep the stock rubber connector that comes w/2 clamps and attaches to the inlet bell bung

2) take an old spark plug and cut off porcelain end (i also cut off ground electrode to make sure nothing would break off in side there and get into the turbo)

3) insert spark plug into the stock rubber connector (spark plug will fit in very tight and should not leak)

4) secure clamps around old spark plug and rubber connector thats over the inlet pipe bung

5) place new KN filter in hole in valve cover

w/my way you cant tell i have 1/2 a spark plug in the rubber connector b/c it doesnt show at all. the kits vendors sell are nice but im just cheap and did it my way b/c i already had the filter and couldnt wait to put it on b/c i was tired of getting all that oil in my intake. i checked w/Kirbans and they sell the rubber inlet bell bung plug for $5. its your call either way just get it done along with a IC and inlet/MAF piping cleaning. or you could just get a new inlet bell alltogether that comes ported and w/no hole for a valve cover breather drilled out but its not worth the $45 or so you pay, IMO:D

I bet you cooked your turbo by changing your oil every month. Why would you do that?? :confused: Turbo's don't like spinning without oil pressure.

just my .02

Hey, turbobuicks, what do you need to use a spark plug to cap the turbo bell for??? You can buy a rubber cap from any plumbing supply house.

My buddies GN had the whole plug hanging out of the bell when he bought it. It looked pretty stupid to me. He should have run a plug wire from it to the back of the coil or something to make it look like a rare performance option. :D

Originally posted by Granny 2
I bet you cooked your turbo by changing your oil every month. Why would you do that?? :confused: Turbo's don't like spinning without oil pressure.

just my .02

Nothing wrong with keeping the oil clean, I've been changing
mine every 1000 miles too. Fill the oil filter before installing it,
and crank the motor with the orange ecm wire unplugged to
build psi before starting. My engine is as clean as can be inside,
with almost 100k on the clock ;)
LTNG KLLR,
side to side is ok, as long as there is no contact. Oil psi will take
up the slack. In and out play is not good.

tom87Gn, i used a plug b/c i didnt know i coulod find a rubber cap from any plumbing supply house. i just had an old plug from like 1980 and the old rubber connector so i figured id try to fab something up. it doesnt matter to me if it looks stupid to you, if you dont like it just dont look at my car:D

Theirs nothing wrong with changing your oil as often as you want as long as you do the procedure like topfuel said. I change my oil every 1,000 miles (once a month) cause I know I have to keep the ol' 157K mile motor going for atleast another 100K :D .

Thanks guys but I already have the block off for the turbo, I was wondering why I was knocking so much to I know I have a high timing chip but it never knocked that bad, Im sure i have plenty of oil in my cooler.

Thanks guys

Thanks guys but I already have the block off for the turbo, I was wondering why I was knocking so much to I know I have a high timing chip but it never knocked that bad, Im sure i have plenty of oil in my cooler.

Thanks guys

Thanks Chris I got it from some ricer, asked him what his mods were and he said racing pedals I laughed and said what else he said thats it so I use just to screw with people its funny