So Cal to Vegas, lets kick this thing off

TRBON8R

I'm wondering if anyone might want to caravan from L.A. up to Vegas for the November race? I'll be driving my GN since unfortunately I don't have a tow vehicle. I was wondering if anyone else might want to meet up and drive out for the race? I plan on leaving around 9 or 10 a.m. Friday.

Debating if I'm driving

I will definitely be there.....this is my second year
I don't know if I'm bringing my car or not....still debating!!!
Been doing a lot of tuning and a car seems to be ready...Thought about Irwindale until the big situation happened.....So I'm banking on Las Vegas

Later,
Mack:cool:

If my car is running, I will be towing it and will be leaving at 8 or 9:00AM. However if I have to go to plan B and not run my car, I will be glad to caravan.
Jeff

Actually I'm going to adjust my work schedule so I can leave Friday morning instead of afternoon. I don't want to have to deal with the afternoon traffic for the drive out and 1 or 2 o'clock would be cutting it too close.

I will be leaving Apple Valley Friday morning towing my car with my new F250.Anybody who wants meet up and follow each other let know all are welcome.

REG

adjusting work schedule

Actually, I'm trying to adjust my work schedule also,,, If I don't drive or tow my car I will just fly out on Friday evening......Southwest or Jet Blue $19 each way or something like that!!! The absolute real festivities don't start until Saturday morning, correct??

Later,
Mack:cool:

so cal to vegas

Count me in, i'll bring my 85t, my bud with a syclone wants to tag along and was wonderin would he welcome?
Dale

Re: so cal to vegas

Bring him along!!!

The more the merrier,,,he would definitely be welcome

Later,
Mack
QUOTE]Originally posted by Stealthfxxr
Count me in, i'll bring my 85t, my bud with a syclone wants to tag along and was wonderin would he welcome?
Dale
[/QUOTE] :eek:

I agree the more we can get the better.Maybe we can set a time to meet at Starbucks in the Outlet Mall in Barstow.

REG

I agree the more we can get the better.Maybe we can set a time to meet at Starbucks in the Outlet Mall in Barstow.

Sounds good to me. I'm in, just let me know what time. I got my schedule sorted out and I can be out of here any time Friday morning.

Ok guys lets try to come up with a time to meet at starbacks we can get coffee there and stop at Buffalo Bills for breakfast. What time does everybody want to meet up?

REG

I can probably head out of Long Beach around 5:30 a.m. That would put me in Barstow at around......... 7:00 or 7:30 at the latest??

Or another plan I'm considering is to crash out at my buddy's house in Valencia on Thursday night. That would put me a good bit closer for the drive out that way Friday morning. But then again that means going across the Pear Blossom Highway from the 14 to the 15.......UGHHH!!! Is that road still as bad as I remember??? LOL :)

Status check:

Does anybody have any more current information tha this? I am planning on heading out early Friday morning. I heard that everybody is staying at the Main Street Station. Do we still a guard, armed or otherwise for the cars. I also heard that Main Street Station is booked. Any other places?
Thanks in advance
Gary Wells
"TOLTK"
Are there any motels by the drag strip oor on the way, but close by?

Gary we are thinking 730 Friday morning at the Starbucks in Barstow.

Let me know what you think..

Anyone else care to join feel free. The more the merrier.

Reg, that meeting time sounds reasonable. You realize that you will have to slow down your rig in order for my tow vehicle to keep up in the caravan! Maybe your turbo diesel can also tow my setup.
Jeff

Current game plan:

I think that the last that I heard was that the track was ok to go for Friday afternoon, 08 Nov., 2002 for test and tune, and that racing was scheduled for Sat., 09 Nov., 2002. And the last that I heard was that the track was going to be taken over by another group on Sun., 10 Nov., 2002. Hopefully, somebody from Southwest Buick, ( the sponsoring club ? ), will chime in here and let us know for sure. I think that Reggie West and TRBON8R probably have the most current information. We definitely need their input here.

Thanks in Advance

Gary Wells
"TOLTK"

Jeff is right check out the site for the latest up to date info. For those of you that don't know how to get to Starbucks,You get off at the Outlet Mall (which will be first sign of civilization after you leave Victorville) turn right and Starbucks will be on the left. See all of you there at 0730 on Friday.

Jeff if you need to tie that Expedition behind my trailer don't worry my Ford will pull it.

REG