Smokes like a Train After Injector/Chip Install

Yankee John

Well, Thanks to all that responded to my other thread, I finally got you car running again. The injectors were indeed stuck.

Now, From the very second it fired, It is blowing clouds of white/grey smoke! Mosquito fogger smoke. Is this normal for a injector and/or chip swap? I have 42.5 lb greentops and a TT chip.

I haven't let it get up to operating temp yet or driven it- I wanted to ask about the smoking here first before I ruined something. On the Scanmaster, TPS is .38, and O2 is a steady 500-507- Doesn't change when I give it gas. Fuel psi in the rail is 30-32 lbs at idle (vacumn hose connected).

Thanks in advance for your help!

John

The fuel pressure is low, it should be around 38-39 with the vacuum line connected. That said, it has nothing to do with your smoke problems. You may be burning off the excess gas that was in the cylinders from the injector problems if you have not yet brought it up to operating temperature.

Well, Thanks to all that responded to my other thread, I finally got you car running again. The injectors were indeed stuck.

Now, From the very second it fired, It is blowing clouds of white/grey smoke! Mosquito fogger smoke. Is this normal for a injector and/or chip swap? I have 42.5 lb greentops and a TT chip.

I haven't let it get up to operating temp yet or driven it- I wanted to ask about the smoking here first before I ruined something. On the Scanmaster, TPS is .38, and O2 is a steady 500-507- Doesn't change when I give it gas. Fuel psi in the rail is 30-32 lbs at idle (vacumn hose connected).

Thanks in advance for your help!

John

was the chip burnt to the injectors??? that is a must.. you cannot repalce injectors without the chip unless its for the same # injectors even then i would have the chip reburned... it smeels like fuel right lots of unburned fuel and idles like crap???

I just reset the fuel pressure to 39 psi at idle with vacumn on.

The TT chip has been burned for the injectors too. Yeah- Idles like crap.

I just noticed that there is a slight oil (???) leak between the header and the turbo at the flange- It wasn't there before and a couple drops fell on the lower radiator hose.

I wonder if the injectors are flooding the engine???

John

See how long the fuel rail holds pressure after the car is turned off, Maybe an injector is sticking open

The motor is completely flooded. I think that I ruined the injectors when I was trying to unstick them- I rapped each one several times on a wooden board trying to unstick them. Fuel rail goes to 0 psi within seconds of shutting off the car.

I needed an excuse to buy a set of 60 lb Motrons anyways, so it's not so bad after all :)

John

a few things could have happened. the injectors and chip do not match. surely the tt chip is the right one. eric has done a couple for me and they work great.. are you sure the injectors are the rigt ones did you get them from him or what?? the fuel pump could be bad as well what are you running for fuel pump?

i have a extender chip burt to 60# injectors if you want it but you will need to get the injectors from eric at tt.com or full throttle... mine came from ft.

If your injectors are sticking and flooding, the smoke will be black and your car will run like crap. Check your oil level, if it has increased, then your injectors are REALLY flooding the engine and you must stop running the car. All that extra fuel washes the lubricating oil from the cylinder walls and will wear the rings and walls. This will cause a re-bore, rebuild and new pistons.

Do a compression check. You may have broken a ring or wore the cylinder allowing oil to pass by the rings.