smoke blows out of the valve cover

jimski

In over my head
All of a sudden now alot of smoke blows out of the valve cover openings. PCV is working and good. When im driving u can see it blow out the sides of the hood. :eek: any ideals whats wrong

Subscribed... Could be the rings on thier way out, Valve seals? I have the same problem

Could be a blown hg. Could be cracked rings. Could be a hole in the piston.

A leak down test should tell the story.

Prolly a cracked ring then.
twocents.gif

Vacuum isn't a sign of anthing other than a decent condition engine Jim. Get the copression test done and do it dry and wet to see if there's a difference. If one cylinder is weak it will show up so you have a better idea of what's going on.:)

I think he's talking pcv.

Yes it is the correct unit. I think i smoked a piston or something of that nature. It kinda cold started today, heard a little low end knock, but went away once warm. She was pinging a little too before all this under boost ( i would quickly back off thou), when the car warmed up it would not ping anymore under boost. I think i knocked the little s hitter to death. "(forgive me for saying this)" Im going to yank this crap out and do either a 502 big block or a turbo sfi swap. Ill see.
When i tear it down ill report back.

will a 2004r fit a chevy 502?

It was a slug anyway and i was kinda happy with it.

If the trans has the dual bell housing then it's a direct bolt up. If not then you can get an adaptor Jim.

Well opon further inspection today not only is there a smoked ring on piston #6 but there is a hairline crack on the skirt of number 6 piston and number 2 piston (basically both cracked on the skirt):oops: ..
I need a new set of standard pistons for the block. Any ideals on a top of the line set.