Smog pumps - where are they located

channer

Hi all

Does anyone have a list of vehicles that have smog pumps? Where are the smog pumps located in the engine compartment?

thanks... dave

The electric smog pumps? The two most common ones I see a lot of in the boneyards are 95-96 W-Body(Lumina,Cutlass) with the 3.4 DOHC. It is mounted under the right side wheelhouse. I like this one because it has a really neat universal mounting bracket. The other is the 94-96 LT1 B-Body(Caprice,Roadmaster). It is on the left side of the engine mounted low.

Hi turbofish38

thanks for responding. Are the smog pumps on the 95/96 Lumina & Cutlass viewable/accessable from the top of the engine compartment or underneath? Not a lot of LT1 vehicles at the wreckers!!!

I was looking for anything attached with hose but couldn't spot anything that resembles a smog pump. I'll try again this weekend

dave

The Lumina one is hiding under the plastic wheelhouse liner. Another application that uses one of these are the 00-04 Caddy Northstars. This also includes the 01-04 Aurora. The Northstar one is mounted down on the drivers side under the wheelhouse liner. Look in the left front corner against the frame rail. Now looking through the catalogs I found an application that should be easy to find plus has a really neat mounting bracket for it. Look under the hood of any 98-01 S-10/Blazer. It is mounted on the right side metal wheelhouse panel towards the front. Both 4 banger and V-6 engines have them.