SMC and washer fluid

gn4u2c

Yes Its fast no you can't
I just wanna run something I can get anytime anywhere so washer fluid seems like the best solution for me. I gave it a whirl last night and was up in the 24 psi range before seeing any knock on the scanmaster (1-2*) the car felt real good. Just interested to hear of any longterm effects using it with SMC kit. (already on car when purchased) . if its hard on the pump exc. Thanks for any info.

Having used alcohol injection on these cars for close to 10 years, I personally wouldn't run windshield wiper fluid especially chancing it at those high boost levels. You could do much better by running ethanol (denatured alcohol) that you can find almost anywhere at a heardware store in the paint supply section. Usually about $10-$15 per gallon. I don't recall Steve at SMC ever recommending wiper fluid with any of his kits?

Yeah I can pick up a gallon and test it against the wiper fluid, I choose the wiper stuff as it has alot of methanol in it. I will swing by Lowes tonight and pick up a gallon of the denatured alcohol and see what happens with that. My main concern was damage to the kit. I know to back the timing/ boost off to keep the knock away.

Wiper fluid is 5-10% alchohol. If I remember you need to use some sort of lube with the SMC kit, something like Klots lube.

Wiper fluid is 5-10% alchohol. If I remember you need to use some sort of lube with the SMC kit, something like Klots lube.

Depends on a persons given location as to what % the stuff is.

Up 'Nort here in WI we have "winter" formula washer fluid that is roughly 90% methanol.

I personally would only use it in a major pinch. Straight methanol is best.

I've been running denatured alcohol in my oooooooold SMC kit for about 5 years now.... I add a little Marvel Mystery Oil from time to time to keep the pump lubed. Works like a champ!