smaller profile tires on the front

kymover

I would like to know what you all are running on the front of your cars. Like Pizza cutters. I am looking for some recommedations for wheels and tires for drag racing and appearence.
I have tried the MT sportsman tries with the 3" wide custom wheels, handling what bad, as well as braking. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Well, I don't understand your question. You say drag racing, then you say handling and braking, which implies street use. I don't promote the use of skinnies on the street. Never. Ever. For obvious reasons.

If you'd like a recommendation on skinnies for the track, I run 27"X4.5"X15" Goodyear Frontrunners on 4" Convos. While most guys seem to use 26", I like 27" - they're a good match for 28" slicks, handle better, brake better, rollout better, transfer weight better - in essence do all the things frontrunners are supposed to do at the track to keep you quick/fast and safe.

Come to think of it, most guys use cheap bias or radial ply tires, most are heavy and most have treads like snow tires - completely defeating the purpose of running a skinny. Are we to take them seriously?

:)

Convo-Pro 15x4's with Sportsman 8-plys, 26x7.5x15. Yes they are heavy (still much lighter than the GN wheel with a radial on it), but they serve double duty on the street (cruise nights). The problem I seem to have with them is that they are a little harsh until they warm up a bit.
No matter what you run in a front 'skinny' tire, the car isn't gonna handle well. Mine isn't bad, but you just have to take it a little easy around corners. Some people use 165R15 radials, but I don't think they are rated to handle the load of a TR. Most of those were originally designed for VW Bugs, from what I understand.
That's why I chose the M/T's. The 8-plys are rated for cars over 3000lbs.

Steve