SMALL ALLEN HEAD PLUG ON TIMING COVER NEAR CAM SENSOR

YAKO

Why is that plug there as i know that a stock cover does not have one and my research tells me that this should be a silver seal cover.....or am i wrong

If it is what I think it is. That plug was made incase you would run a Billet Roller Cam and feed Oil to the Cam Sensor Gear. This was an issue back when people started using Billet Rollers and noticed that the Gears would wear
out prematurely. Lack of oil due to the way the Cam was made vs the stock style Cams used on Flat Tappet Cams.
Some would Drill and feed the Cam from the Top of the Timing Cover and some would drill a .040" Hole on the Passenger side Frost Plug in front of the engine. ( I did that way on the Blocks I would Build ).
Problem by using the Hole at the top, on a 109 Block you have to get the oil Feed from the where you
would have the Oil Pressure Switch or close by.

Enjoy the Sun Yako!!!!

If it is what I think it is. That plug was made incase you would run a Billet Roller Cam and feed Oil to the Cam Sensor Gear. This was an issue back when people started using Billet Rollers and noticed that the Gears would wear
out prematurely. Lack of oil due to the way the Cam was made vs the stock style Cams used on Flat Tappet Cams.
Some would Drill and feed the Cam from the Top of the Timing Cover and some would drill a .040" Hole on the Passenger side Frost Plug in front of the engine. ( I did that way on the Blocks I would Build ).
Problem by using the Hole at the top, on a 109 Block you have to get the oil Feed from the where you
would have the Oil Pressure Switch or close by.

Enjoy the Sun Yako!!!!

With the Chinese covers that have that plug you need to remove that plug and replace it with a bolt having the same threads. If that little screw falls in the engine you're in trouble.

Also, before you put it on the engine put the pump and make sure the cam sensor will drop down and engage the pump shaft. A lot of those covers won't allow it to drop in and have cost people a lot of time and money.

No idea. I'm guessing when the Chinese first got the print to copy the cover it had a typo on it.

LOL ,It just shows you we will yous any thing they send us .my search continues

its a machining point of reference for the cnc machine.

removing the screw when changing oil speeds the draining of the typical bearing material found .

GUYS-GUYS I was told today that it was for a hold down bolt on a 225 ci engine distributer

I have an actual twin turbo FBI car and sure enough it's there. Weird thing is it was for a nitrous injector to cool the cam sensor gear for extreme high speed pursuit against domestic terrorists with the dreaded AR-15's and high capacity mags. I think it's worth 2 tents and 2 mph. I also ported the little hole for more top end power.

I have an actual twin turbo FBI car and sure enough it's there. Weird thing is it was for a nitrous injector to cool the cam sensor gear for extreme high speed pursuit against domestic terrorists with the dreaded AR-15's and high capacity mags. I think it's worth 2 tents and 2 mph. I also ported the little hole for more top end power.

The FBI must have contracted Kenne-Bell to install the nitrous cam sensor gear cooling injector mechanism.

Rick McHale of Cottonmouth's Performance Plus just confirmed the its a high oil pressure relief valve. Since high oil pressure is unheard of in a buick, it is often replaced with an allen screw. Stan Stressler of SLS Engines advised that the screw be replaced with a forged unit to prevent failure. Dr. Juice recommends that the screw is removed, everything else parted out, and the screw installed back onto a 2013 Corvette.

Oh man you just spilled the beans on a 75-300 horsepower secret that no one was supposed to tell. Now you are gonna have to hire a body guard to keep you from pushing up daisies. Now you've done it!!! Glad I'm not you.