slicks

johnz

Im currently running mt et streets 26 x11.5x15 and need to be replaced with mt et drags.My best et was a 12.69 at 108 with a 2.0 60 ft.Should i stay with 26 inch or go to the 28s thanks John!

I would go with the 28" based on what I've read on the board. Bigger footprint to launch with also. It does not slow my mostly stock car down even in the eighth. I run 28x9 MT ET Drags on stock T rims. Recent 28" tire posts, good info:

28" tire info
More 28" Tire info
Especially read UNGN and Turbo Daves replies
A lot more info can be found...Search by UNGN username and 28" tire (subject). It is all explained well :)

no offense but if you are only getting 2.0 60fts on et streets, you are doing something wrong...you should be seeing 1.7s with a good launch which would put you in the 12.20-30s range in ET.
keep what you have for tires till thier dead, but get your suspension setup better

air bags
lower the air in the tires maybe?
drag shocks....
LAUNCH HARDER!

just some thoughts

dan

I agree with TylerDurden. How much boost are you launching with? I could probably get a 2.0 60' launching at idle.

-Banning.

Sorry for the late reply but just got off work!I was leaving with 5 lbs of boost with 13 lbs in the et streets with stock suspension! John

Simple and effective launch technique

Originally posted by johnz
Sorry for the late reply but just got off work!I was leaving with 5 lbs of boost with 13 lbs in the et streets with stock suspension! John
I want to see all TRs with good 60' times:) . The air bags really help. I don't have any in the GN as you can see by the 60' on it. I just posted a simple launch technique in this thread:
Low 1.7s 60' launch technique EVERY Time :)

when i was in the 12's, i was running 26x11.50 et streets, which are the same as 26x10 slick size wise. i always managed 1.7 60 ft times and even managed a 1.69. done with a stock rear suspension with 15 psi in the right air bag and 15 psi in the tires.

i take back what i said earlier about doing something wrong....it is possible to have horrible 60fts using slicks, air bags, and the whole race setup...

this weekend i managed a 1.86 (ave 2.0) all 13 passes on 26X10s ET slicks, 15 driver air bag, 25 pass, race chip/ 116 octane...skinnies up front, etc

i have done 1.70 with the same slicks back when i was stock turbo and IC....my problem this weekend I believe was in the chip...WAY to fat off the line, at one point, when i had the boost set at 24, i couldnt even build 5 psi on the line...turned down the fp a little, and was able to get 8...if i had more time i may have been able to do better, but the end result is the same, too much fuel off the line=****ty launch (pardon my french)

so, its just one more thing to add to pot of tuning....