slick size

johnz

I just ordered 26 inch mt drags.My current combo of te 44 etc does 12.7 at 107 with a 2.0 60 ft unlocking the converter .Is this the right size or should i have bought the 28 inch. confused!

60 foot

You can imrove your 60 foot by launchiung the right way. I suggest that you hold just 3 pounds of boost and while standing on the break slam your foot on the gas your boost will spike to about 10 lbs let go of the brake the second the gas pedal hits the floor.Do this properly and youll get a launch youll never forget.

That's the launch technique I use also :D . I have a friend with a GN and 51 that used that same technique, and his 60' went from 1.87 to 1.67, on ET Streets.

About the size, I have used both 26" and 28". Search by screen name UNGN for posts about the benefit of 28". The info convinced me to switch to 28". Mainly there is a larger contact patch for launch, and you don't run out of rpms in 3rd through the traps when you get to low 12 ET on a stock engine (locking the TC keeps the rpm down also).

I am not to that level yet, and the 28" didn't slow me down a bit (Buick torque loves these tires :cool: ), and the launches are very consistent. Plus when I get the suspension set up right, I would say there is a better chance of the larger tires handling a high boost launch.

Johnz, you need to tune your combo alot more, there is at least another second left in it, but until then, you're not quite ready for 28" tires.

Tim, looking at the times posted on your page, it seems like your cars are running strong for the first 1/8th, then falling on their face on the second half. Maybe tuning? Just a reminder. :)

BTW, nice looking T, Tim

Originally posted by Sinful6
Tim, looking at the times posted on your page, it seems like your cars are running strong for the first 1/8th, then falling on their face on the second half. Maybe tuning? Just a reminder. :)

BTW, nice looking T, Tim

On the quarter, usually 20 to 22 mph over the eighth mph is about right for a stock turbo on my cars. The T does have stock valve springs but only 50k mile (may need changing but I won't until absolutely necessary).

I also think johnz really needs the 28" tire and launch harder to get a better 60'. The 107 mph could be a 12.3 to 12.4 with a good 60'. See this for a good technical discussion on the 28" tire:
28" Tire Technical Info