Skerd rice.

hamer

not really a kill but more intimidation.:D Iwas stopped at a light and just as it turned green i heard that god awful fart sound and seen a 199x rx-7 with this retartedly big wing on back of it. it had to have been 3ft tall. So i gas it and catch up quick and ride next to him hooping to have a liitle fun. whats he do? we made eye contact and rode to the next red light. STOP! does he want some. NO! I left him standin still so i slow down and watch him in the rearview about 1/8 mi behind me all the way to my turn 5 miles down the road! I Hate Rice!

Originally posted by equalizer442
might not wana mess with them rx7s in a stock 84 gn man.

Ah. It depends on which gen RX7 it was, second or third. The third gens which were 93-95 were fast, 13b rotarys, think they run 13-14's stock quarter. I've never seen a riced out RX7, but maybe one of the first or second GEN's couldve been the one you ere racing. Just don't mess with any of the third GENS in your 84 Buick until ya get some mods!

He may have been racing a non-turbo car. Those rotary motors are so unique. I love RX-7's IIIgen. Almost sold the Buick for one a few years back.

Nick

Those rx7s are pretty fast, and not only the 3rd gens. Those FC turbo IIs can be quite the challenge if they're modded right. They're not too expensive (the FCs), and respond to mods well. They make good race cars too, almost perfect 50/50 weight distribution because of the tiny engine pushed all the way to the back of the engine bay.

no see you have it all wrong.

civics and accords put on 4 foot wings to look like the cars that actually NEED 4 foot wings, like the supra and RX7 :cool:

Originally posted by I eat Z06
He may have been racing a non-turbo car. Those rotary motors are so unique. I love RX-7's IIIgen. Almost sold the Buick for one a few years back.

Nick

ALL 3rd gens were turbo. It would of been a good race until the RX-7 banged 3rd, and blew an apex seal and had to get towed home :D.

Steve

Originally posted by Sr2003
ALL 3rd gens were turbo. It would of been a good race until the RX-7 banged 3rd, and blew an apex seal and had to get towed home :D.

Steve

Ha ha, that is sad, very sad. It sucks that most third gen RX7's are almost as rare as GN's. After about 70k miles those engines need to be rebuilt. They say rotary engines are the most efficient engines to use, but they all go to crap after 70k miles.

I remember driving home one day, I saw an RX7 on fire on the side of the street, I almost cried. Then a friend I knew, John Ratcliff, sold his RX7 for $20,000...

Well, efficient in a sense they push tremendous #'s out of a 1.3l displacement motor. However, they don't do better then 19mpg. Haha. Most are in the 16-19mpg range. So weird, out a 1.3l motor. Imagine of a 3.8l rotary stuffed in a car? :D. Great motors, for weekend cars, not drivers.

Steve

Rotarys are great to build, run, build run. Buick motors are good to build run, run, add more boost, run, run, add more boost, run, headgasket, run, run, FUN! FUN! FUN! I still love thrid gen RX7's. Waiting for Mazda to build a new RX7, twin turbo 2 door. Let the 8 be the sports sedan, and the 7 be the sports car.

Nick

Mazda will never build another twin turbo rotary again. Neither will nissan put out another twin turbo, nor will toyota. When their top end cars first came out in the US they bombed. They were too expensive. No one wanted to spend $45k on a japanese sports car. They are only becoming popular now because they are affordable. Well, relatively affordable. The new RX8 is NA, the 350Z is NA, and I doubt we'll see the likes of a supra out of toyota again (although I heard rumors). They need to keep their costs down. Not many people in this country would give up a corvette to a mazda.

Frank, agree. The power guys for these cars are making single/twin turbo kits for these cars. Most dont have too high of a price tag. The next expensive japanese car to reach us will be the next gen skyline. Heard rumors about the new Supra, just waiting to see a new Supra.

Nick

Yeah I know companies like Stillen make s/c kits and such for the cars, my point is that the car companies themselves will not release high power twin turbo cars from the factory in the near future. Hell you can turbocharge or supercharge anything, but I'll bet toyota's next supra (if it every comes out) will be a n/a six. Not that I care, I never really liked supras.

i heard the new supras are spose to be performance electric cars, like one motor at each wheel.....

its bull****, electric cars...

Originally posted by FrankerX
Mazda will never build another twin turbo rotary again. Neither will nissan put out another twin turbo, nor will toyota. When their top end cars first came out in the US they bombed. They were too expensive. No one wanted to spend $45k on a japanese sports car. They are only becoming popular now because they are affordable. Well, relatively affordable. The new RX8 is NA, the 350Z is NA, and I doubt we'll see the likes of a supra out of toyota again (although I heard rumors). They need to keep their costs down. Not many people in this country would give up a corvette to a mazda.
I don't know if it's going to be a twin setup or not but my buddy is the Service Tech Manager for our local Mazda dealership and word has come down the line that Mazda is developing an all new turbo version of the current N/A Renesis rotary engine. Also according to several magazines in the last few months due to the success of multiple aftermarket turbo kits for the 350z, Nissan of North America is attempting a 350 horse turbo version or possibly a v-8 version with parts borrowed from the Infiniti sedans. Who knows what'll hapen for sure but at least it's not another all show no go piece of Honda crap.