Silly question

EFFNQWKWE4

I've got a question that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, but not 100%. I bought a Duttweiler street chip (stock injectors and 93 octane) from a board member a few months back. My car loves this chip....runs, or should I say ran, great. Recently, it has been showing alot of knock at WOT, and it just doesn't FEEL as quick as it was. I put 3/4 tank of purple CAM2 in on Friday when the tank was just about empty. The car is running like a scalded cat now. NO knock, none, not even a little. I ran the car all weekend long on this gas, and it just felt better. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to the track to see if it actually was quicker. My question is this: Do you think that the chip I got is rated for a higher octane than the pump grade? How would my car run if that were the case? Say it's a 100 octane chip, and I've been running 93 and 94 octane in it for a while, would the car run right or even close to right? If that isn't an option, why the decrease in knock? Is it possible that the timing in the chip is just a little too aggressive for pump gas? Thanks for the help, Guys!:D

Originally posted by EFFNQWKWE4

I've got a question that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, but not 100%.

Is it possible that the timing in the chip is just a little too aggressive for pump gas?

Very possible...the octane of commonly available gas 10 years ago (when the chip may have been made) was higher than today.

Time for a new chip.

HTH :)

My hypertech chip is not made for this gas either (1991 copyright) so i swapped with a thrasher and i'll see how much better it runs.. hopefully a LOT