Sidepost adapter stud

Old_Man_HyPsi87

Anybody use one of these? I was going to make my own, thought I would look on the web to see if you can buy anything like it and there it is...
INSTALL-BAY gm38 GM sidepost adapter POWERANDFUSES ACCESSORIES;
I think this is a great way to hook up your extras!
Of course maybe this is old news? I was born into a Ford family so I always dealt with top post batteries.
I am not real fond of side post batteries because alot of times I when I work on someones GM product, whoever was under the hood last decided that visegrips are a better removal tool than a 5/16 six point socket!:mad:
Don't let me catch you doin that! The Old_Man here will kick your butt!:mad:

:biggrin: Yeah thats what I thought! LOL!

Yep, been around for awhile. I picked up some from Knuknoceptz.com about the same price. Local stereo shop or Best Buy should have them in stock if yu don't want to have them shipped.

I got some cheapy ones from a local parts store- I hate the way the original side post works. I would always have to fight with them. Eventually, I just added a cut-off switch in line with my ground so that I could "disconnect" and reconnect the battery quickly and easily...

Hey

I got some cheapy ones from a local parts store- I hate the way the original side post works. I would always have to fight with them. Eventually, I just added a cut-off switch in line with my ground so that I could "disconnect" and reconnect the battery quickly and easily...

This is good.

I always buy my replacement batteries with side and top posts. I hook all accessories to the top post. Keeps everything separated.;)
John

Yes I've used those side post adapters. They're nice for hooking up external stuff....they also make it easier to jump start side post batteries. Just be careful because they strip out rather easy.

" I always buy my replacement batteries with side and top posts. I hook all accessories to the top post. Keeps everything separated. "

Yellow top optimas work for me, dual posts. :smile: