Sick of dishonest people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that the shipping address or the billing address?

Your original post is kind of confusing as to which address this is.

D

I know the phone number is good, just doesn't have anything to do with the transaction. I called it and left a nasty message, she called me back and was some old lady who knew nothing about this. Unless she was a REAL good actor. As you can see below the shipping and billing address were the same. Whole thing is fishy.

DELIVER TO:
ELIZABETH TOMA
12610 GRIGGS
DETROIT, MI 48238
United States
E-mail: BARNWELL_57@YAHOO.COM

ORDERED ITEMS:
DUAL STAINLESS CATBACK EXHAUST
Model:DUAL 3 INCH CATBACK with Optional Band Clamps
Qty: 1

ORDERED BY: ELIZABETH TOMA - - 12610 GRIGGS DETROIT MI 48238 US - Ph: 2486137826 - Fax: - E-mail: BARNWELL_57@YAHOO.COM

BILLING INFORMATION: ELIZABETH TOMA - 12610 GRIGGS - DETROIT - MI - 48238 United States

The old bag could well be the mom, grandma, aunt, "wife"....who knows. Send the cops.

248 area code is the suburbs north / north east of detroit If its not an abandoned or squatters house then someone prolly used their mom/grandmas/gf address and credit card....Did you ask the lady if she was elizabeth or if an elizabeth lived there?

I checked the IP you posted against a members list here and got no results. Sorry :(

I can run it over at T6P too and you might want to ask Charlie to run it at TBS.

I've been reading how people will steal a credit card, order something big, and then wait by the victim's house for the package to arrive. With UPS tracking, they can pretty much tell exactly when the package will arrive. They then accept the package in the driveway, load it in their car, and drive away. The home owner has no idea what just happened. My point is that the person in the house at the address you posted might be just as much a victim as you.

I just had a credit card number stolen last month, and they got a $1000 item from bestbuy.com before they were stopped. Might have even taken delivery at my house while I was out of town.

Having had the distinct displeasure of having a few professional scammers in my life, I can tell you it's pretty freakin' amazing how much brain power they put into scamming. The stuff they come up with is amazing. Thanks to the two in my life, I now find it hard to take anyone at face value. I helped get one of my scammers arrested, and even though he was already on parole for scamming, he only spent a few weeks in jail, then was right back out scamming other people. This is a guy who always had a story, and everything was somebody else's fault.

Just don't want anybody to target the wrong person. In my mind, it's likely that the name given to you is false, and that person may also be a victim.

Best of luck, hoping for the miracle and they catch the guy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Turbo Buick

I wonder if one of her kids or grand kids or any family member owns an older black monte carlo.

D

Mark,
Not sure on the volume of your orders per day, but is it possible on the larger orders to call ahead of time and verify the name on the card and the fact that the person in fact wants the product ordered. Is it the Iphone that will record every conversation?

Sorry to hear about this crap but I'm not surprised. I know the topic was discussed several times on here whether to use PP or not and I've always been against that company. Once in a while I have to use PP to purchase goods from a board member but it make me cringe at the thought of it and I've even sent a check instead and waited for the check to clear b4 the goods were shipped.

I wish PP would go under and people would realize that they are gambling with hard earned $$. PP is simply a company that you allow to access your bank accounts anytime they want/need to and do whatever they feel. They make their own rules! If THEY feel a transaction is fraudulent then THEY do what they want. Years ago there were several vendors that lost $10,000's b/c PP decided to hold the $$ b/c the "customers" were complaining but the customers never complained and ended up trying to help the businesses fight PP to get the companies $$ to them. Maybe they changed the rules by now i don't know but I won't accept PP for my business. I prefer all transactions to go through my secure/insured Bank Account, that's what they are for.

Mark, what did your bank say can they reimburse you for fraud or ??

KS

Find out who actually lives at that address! At this point I just want to expose who this person is.
Stopped by the above mentioned property this morning, knocked on door, got no answer. Took a couple of photos. House next door appears to be vacant, with an unplated monte carlo in the drive way. Could not upload photos per this sites server.