shurflo pump

Originally posted by Red Regal T
If you don't have any KR at, say, 24#s of boost, at 60 psi pump pressure, why do you need 130 psi pump pressure?

So you can run 30 lbs of boost.

60 psi pressure into a 25 psi manifold pressure means you're only injecting at 35 psi delta. Good mixing results from good atomization which requires high delta p

question?
Don't we all inject alcohol under boost? which would be over 0hg manifold pressure?

Dman means you should take into consideration your boost pressure acting as a force against the pump pressure.
Even tho this might not be exact thanks to the principles of hydraulics acting on a greater area than the nozzle oriface, it's a good rule of thumb to subtact boost from pump pressure.

It appears that only the privileged few are permitted to offer comments. This makes any pretence at problem solving rather beside the point, and renders all these verbose exchanges futile.

The only privleged person here is RedRegalT. We let him carry on because he won't listen to us when we ask him to shut up. Also he is always right, so arguement is futile. :p

Hey panic, I went to your web site....Very Cool! :)

I liked the article on improving cylinder breathing. Apparently by doing the grinding work on the heads, the consistency of the intake charge is maintained? Otherwise what happens? Does some of the fuel vapor kinda get trapped/delayed in reaching the combuston chamber?

I've heard of people doing this, but didn't know the 'rules' for the procedure.

Now I know just enough to be dangerous...:)

BTW As far as the relief valve backpressure thing, I don't know if it makes that much difference, does it? I think guys just do a bypass or something to that effect...

If you know anything about alcohol's interaction with the fuel, and how, exactly the cooling effect is effected please share it with us. I have some idea, but it would be great to get some more theory...

"and how, exactly the cooling effect is effected"

Turbo_Tim, it's all about Latent Heat Of Vaporization

Originally posted by Turbo__Tim
The only privleged person here is RedRegalT. We let him carry on because he won't listen to us when we ask him to shut up. Also he is always right, so arguement is futile. :p

Hey panic, I went to your web site....Very Cool! :)

I liked the article on improving cylinder breathing. Apparently by doing the grinding work on the heads, the consistency of the intake charge is maintained? Otherwise what happens? Does some of the fuel vapor kinda get trapped/delayed in reaching the combuston chamber?

I've heard of people doing this, but didn't know the 'rules' for the procedure.

Now I know just enough to be dangerous...:)

BTW As far as the relief valve backpressure thing, I don't know if it makes that much difference, does it? I think guys just do a bypass or something to that effect...

If you know anything about alcohol's interaction with the fuel, and how, exactly the cooling effect is effected please share it with us. I have some idea, but it would be great to get some more theory...

HEY MODERATOR.....DO YOUR JOB! THIS IS THE ALCOHOL SECTION..... NOT ADVENTURES WITH MR. WIZARD. PLEASE MOVE THIS POST, AND SIMILAR POSTS, TO THE GOBBLE-DE-GOOP SECTION WHERE THEY BELONG! :rolleyes: THANKS!

Dime me out to the moderator?

Excuse meeeeee Mr JohnDicarlo (if that is your real name) but I was not talking to you, rather about you.

Be gratefull I don't tell your parole officer you are drinking the alchy out of your kit when you are supposed to be assembeling Quarter Pounders at the local Mickey D's.!

Who said you could hijack this thread anyway?! We are in the middle of an important discussion here!

Hijacker!