Shurflo fine with 100% meth+Uplon

AnArKey

Recently disassembled my custom alky kit after a failed check valve.

The Shurflo pump was perfect inside, I mean perfect. Compared it to a brand new pump and everything was unchanged by 100% meth+Uplon, been using it for a couple months now. I let the methanol sit it in all the time, no flushing.

I just started using methanol and water, no lubricant, about a month ago. I had been using isopropyl and water with no lubricant for over two years. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, so I'll let you know if my pump locks up........ maybe in a couple years. :D

what mix are u using the Methanol? I have about 2 gallons of this stuff and I wanted to try it out?

john have you seen any boost increases using methanol? also, how much knock do you usually get if you just floor it from a dead stop?

Having a stock turbo, 22-23 lbs. is all the turbo is good for. However, with the methanol, I have 0 knock retard on a
wot blast from a dead stop and usually 0 in the transitional knock department. With isopropyl, I would get up to 5 degrees of transitional knock. Methanol cured that problem.