Should ported irons be my next mod?

Look at my times in my sig. Both motors unopened. 25lbs of boost in the TTA and 27lbs in the GN. I think you torque converter may be eating some MPH. Both cars had TC locked.

I'd change the valve springs. Weak springs will allow compression to sneak out the combustion chamber.

Look at my times in my sig. Both motors unopened. 25lbs of boost in the TTA and 27lbs in the GN. I think you torque converter may be eating some MPH. Both cars had TC locked.

Met you at the Woodridge show on the 4th. You shouldn't have been so modest. You only mentioned half of the racecars you own ;) . Are these full weight cars? 93 and Alky? Doesn't pushing 27 lbs on a stock motor make you nervous? I will give it a shot locking the TC.

I'd change the valve springs. Weak springs will allow compression to sneak out the combustion chamber.

I was thinking about doing them, and since it looks like I'm gonna hold off on the heads, maybe I'll give springs a shot first.

Probably should have mentioned that my runs were all through the full exhaust. Maybe that is holding me back some? I do have a cutout, but didn't open the dump.

I'd be glad to hear any other opionions/info on boosting stock motor over 24 lbs, valve springs, cutout, heads, etc...

Do the valve springs. It's an easy job and not real expensive. Then raise the boost. I have run 26lbs no problems. Just keep an eye on the knock.:)

Both cars are full weight cars. The TTA weighs 3500 and the GN weighs 3450 without me in in. Add 240lbs for me in the car. The GN was run through the mufflers and the TTA was run with an open dump. I ran both cars on 93 and alky. I do not get any knock. If you do not have Alky, I strongly recomend it. But I have a feeling your TC is eating up some MPH. You should be able to get 11.50s on DRs and alky with an unopened motor. Probably need 25-26lbs to do it. One big help is the 5 disc over the single disc. But give your single disc a shot first. Let me know if you need anything else.

I appreciate all the input and answers. I'm going to heed the advice and hold off on the heads until I squeeze more out of this combo. I'll be sure to post up and brag ;) , even though most of you on here are faster than I am.