Should I sell my motor and start over?

RabbitCTSV

Goody everyone, I have a 1986 buick T-Type, 6766 bb PTE turbo. stock manifolds, ported iron heads, 210 / 215 roller cam with roller 1.55 rockers, stock crank and rods, forged pistons, 70mm TB , meth, 80# injectors,

I gave a buddy a ride in the car and he wanted some of the old parts off my car as I upgraded them, I was going to go with the TA heads, 220/220 cam, and do the billet mains and girdle. he offered to buy my engine turbo to oil pan for 8500 and give me his stock engine . I was figuring this is a good way to upgrade my rotating assembly to a forged stroker, and at the same time do the caps and girdle, heads, cam and from timing cover, but i will starting from scratch.

think its worth doing it?

What are your goals? If it were me, I would do it and build something stronger from scratch and obviously have to come out of pocket to get to certain goals. It looks like selling the setup will give you a financial head start on a new build.

My goal is to have a great motor that will hold . I know the motor I have now is pushing its limitations if not over them already. I need billet mains, and girdle asap. Heads are needed to get the extra hp and a cam won't hurt.

Have you done the research to find someone that will build you such motor? Prices will vary but there are many reputable builders on this forum that can get you to your goal at the right price. I would get with one of them, state your goals, and come up with a build together to see if it benefits you selling your current setup. How fast has your current combo gone and how fast do you want to go?

If that $8500 offer is legit, slide into his driveway sideways with your hand out ASAFP!!!

Pay a known good engine builder to build what you want and put it in.

Last edited: