Should i sand or strip paint?

85begalttype

just a v6
im in the middle of doing a frame off restoration and i have all the trim and glass removed from the body. there is no exterior rust that needs to be taken care of. This is not a show car so i dont want to spend thousands for a paint job. I am going to be spraying with duplicolor laquer paintshop paint by myself and looks to be a pretty easy "do it yourself" paint system.

My question is that while the body is already stripped of trim and glass, doors removed, should i just sand the existing paint to the base coat or should i get it blasted off and start from fresh? the existing factory paint is already holding pretty good and i think just sanding it and spraying overtop will be good?

AS long as the paint isnt flaking, spiderwebbed, cracked, rusted or contaminated in any way, leave it on. It's just more material to work with while your blocking it. ----Jeremy

thanks for response. After reading on the duplicolor laquer, its not worth my time and i will be using urethane or enamel instead.

I was just about to ask you why you were using laquer lol...A bit of advise id go grab a few body panels from the boneyard and practice so that way you got the mixture right and your technique down before you shoot the actual car..That way if you have an oops its a lil more easily corrected...