Should I get it

SPOOLED ROTTEN

A friend of mine is selling his 87 hardtop GN. He will sell it to me for $5000. It has 100k miles on it. All the sensors have been replaced,water pump, computer and chip and fuel pressure regulator. It needs a new headliner and front end alignment.The car has never been raced but with that many miles it scares me. I had one before that someone tinkered with and it was a bag of $hit. But if I get this one I would like to get it to run mid 12s. In short what are your thoughts on my delema. Thanks in advance.:confused:

What shape is the body and paint in? Transmission shift strong?
Check out all the info on www.gnttype.org. Don't be too scared of the miles. Plenty have lasted to 150K and beyond. You will most likely want to replace the valve springs and timing chain right away.

$5000 isn't horrible if the body is solid. If rusty you will need to get a better deal or walk..

just my $.02

;)

Joel

Well 100k miles is nothing to worry about if it was well maintained and taken care of :) and $5,000 is cheap (i think) :D where's it at and what's his # ;)

my car had 137,000 on it when i bought it. Ran low 12's with it. My old grand national had 157,000 when it was wrecked the motor and tranny were then put in a car that has gone 10's with a turbo before he rebuilt the motor