Should have left well enough alone

80/89TTA

I have had this TTA for 8 or 9 years and i have never had a problem (trans replacement 8 years ago). I replaced spark plugs (AC), O2 (AC), Vacuum Block (Kirbans), valve cover gaskets, Fuel Filter, Belt, tensioner Pully and altenator. I replaced these items for maintanence no other reason Altenator was replaced due to bearing noise not charging reasons. Took the car out for a drive afterwords no problem went back home picked up middle kid to take to Baseball and car did not drive right, Symptons very rich idle, lazy down low in the RPMs. Have been going over things the last couple of days and it has gotten somewhat worse it is throwing code after code- esc problem-Maf out of range-no cam signal-no crank signal - lean exhaust - rich exhaust - prom error- ecm malfuntion they continueally rotate through my scanner.
MY mods are nothing internal - TA49-30lb-RJC boost control-RJC plate-LT1 MAf-translator-Extender- Walbro pump-hot wire- it is a very well maintained car not really raced (Capital 7 or 8 years ago last time).
CAR does drive
I replaced the module with a new GM module- no differance - checked all grounds -OK- changed out plugs again - no differnace. checked sensors-OK.
no water in oil and no oil in water. Vacuum guage is 18/15 but does drop off when vehicle idle becomes erradic.

any help would be appreciated, I am stumped

Bad computer. Nothing you replaced should have cuased this.

yea, that seems to be what i am leaning towards...hope it is it or i am going to have alot more time into this thing. also forgot one of the other codes was missing or improperly seated calpak or ADU error. can not figure out that code if it was missing i would not be able to scan it.
funny thing is it is very driveable, I have already ordered a computer from AZ ...fingures crossed.

FIXED!
Replaced computer - no change. I then started chasing wires some things were no showing up on scanner so i traced wires under TB and DS valve cover, everything OK. I then pulled the chip and replaced it with my original - everything OK so to just make sure i put extender chip back in - APE Crap with multiple codes! so put one in from my GN its OK so i will send out for new chip...need to anyways i have bigger injectors to put in.

Good to hear you "up and at em" again. Get a Turbo Tweak chip you will love it. Idle is better than stock and pulls like a freight train.

Glad you figured it out :cool:

+1 on the TurboTweak chip !!!

and bring that thing out to Jimmy Cone & Home Depot on Saturday nights!!! Steve Crisafulli lives right down the street from you and I'm in a few more miles down the road in Eldersburg. We both had our TTA's at Jimmy Cone last week an people were freaking out...would be cool to add a 3rd one to the crowd :cool:

-Scott

Would like to get out but both the TTA's are acting up at the moment. Waiting for the Chip for the 89 and i need a new converter also for the 89. The 80, I ended up pulling the motor...was installing a 200 R4 trans and rear gears while the trans was out i pulled the oil pan to install a new gasket also inspected main bearings and 1,2 & 3 were shot. On a good note the GN is running fine (it ought too EVERYTHING is new in it).
where does the guy live (around me) with the TTA? I have never seen another one in the area?