Short block

GN GURU

Don't worry honey this one is the last one
Looking for a ta good short block thx let me know what you guys have thx

I have a STD bore SG1 block i'll sell. 500. No crank, rods, pistons, etc. Just the block and caps. Good for rebuild. Must pickup or figure out shipping. Tampa Florida

I have a good friend who has been sitting on a NOS TTA shortblock. I will talk to him tonight or tomorrow evening. I will let him know about your post. Jerry

I have a STD bore SG1 block i'll sell. 500. No crank, rods, pistons, etc. Just the block and caps. Good for rebuild. Must pickup or figure out shipping. Tampa Florida
Thx but no thx I'm looking for a tta block

I have a .030 sg1 . The machine work on it was done prior to me purchasing it's still apart ,also have crank probably needs to be turned . No rods or Pistons , $250 pick up only I'm in ma. Will take pictures if interested

I have a good friend who has been sitting on a NOS TTA shortblock. I will talk to him tonight or tomorrow evening. I will let him know about your post. Jerry

Jerry, any chance for your friend to take some detailed pictures of it for future reference? Would be great to have some really good (and as many as possible) photos for us all to reference for future needs.

Jan

Not true ... the SG1 is the same identical block however the SG1 only means it was casted on the at the Saginaw foundry line 1 ... so at some point after 1987 they did this change for whatever reason. At that time they did not even know the TTA's were going to be built.

Not true ... the SG1 is the same identical block however the SG1 only means it was casted on the at the Saginaw foundry line 1 ... so at some point after 1987 they did this change for whatever reason. At that time they did not even know the TTA's were going to be built.
yes you are right it is the same identical block motor but the SG1 block motor was a left over replacement motor for the buick and then for some reason they installed it on the TTA .

yes you are right it is the same identical block motor but the SG1 block motor was a left over replacement motor for the buick and then for some reason they installed it on the TTA .

They were not "left overs" they were casted and then machined (luckily they still had one line open to do this as all other lines had already been converted for the 3800 engine blocks a couple of years earlier) for the purpose of the TTA engines built (however SG1 got nothing to do with that); casting dates on the blocks are late 88 or early 89.