shifting out way late by normal driving

jk kelly

the gn i just bought is shifting out way late. he said it had a shift kit in it but when it goes to second or third in normal driving it shifts out way way late like its never going to shift out. is that normal????

Mine is doing the same thing. I have to let off the gas to get it to shift. It will wind out to about 4500 rpms before gradually shifting into 3rd almost like it is slipping slowly into gear. It only does it in the 2nd to 3rd shift. If I accelerate while it is winding out it goes to straight redline as if the motor will blow before it shifts. Im stumped.

Ive tried to adjust the throttle shift control and it worked for a little bit, but went back to annoying. Yes screaming!

Sounds like you need to drop the pan and look at the governor and its plastic drive gear. Some sediment in the pan is okay, anything else is not. Some guys here say springs fly out of the governor, but I have never seen that.

engines yes.. Transmissions not so much.. Looking at the guts of a transmission is like reading a different language.