Shifters...Pics of installs please???

What do the letters "F", "C", and "R" on what I assume to be the B&M supplied bracket mean? (I'm asking this because I haven't received my shifter yet...:rolleyes: )

Thanks,

Claude. :wink:

I believe the F is forward pattern, as normal, the R is rev valve body and I am not sure about the C. I am sure it is in the instructions.

Coach

Thanks!

I believe the F is forward pattern, as normal, the R is rev valve body and I am not sure about the C. I am sure it is in the instructions.

Coach

Ok good, and thanks for all the great, detailed info you've given me! Also, the pictures are going to be very helpful too. :wink: The only thing left for me to find is a transmission lever bracket, to modify and weld to the B&M bracket (like you did) and I'm in business!...:D

Claude. :smile:

This might be helpful also, it is for a Hurst shifter. The plate that comes with the shifter will not work (hole drilled in the wrong place) and ofcoarse the coluum lock provision is not there on the Hurst piece. I went back and forth trying to get the right adjustment but it was an exercise in futility. Finally welded the factory piece with the Hurst piece and it works.
Mike

Attachments

• DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 467
Finally, my B&M shifter is installed in my car, thanks to Brian at Cotton's Performance. He made a real nice job and also welded the B&M lever under the car to the original one going to the steering column (see second picture on the right), keeping the neutral switch as well as the back up lights functional...
Thanks Brian!

Claude. :smile:

Looks great Claude! I am glad it worked out for you. Looks better than mine.
You will love that shifter.

Take care,
Coach:D

Looks great Claude! I am glad it worked out for you. Looks better than mine.
You will love that shifter.

Take care,
Coach:D

Thanks "coach" for your good comments!...My shifter's installation looks very similar to yours except mine sits lower inside the console and also, I wanted to keep the ash tray as there are some switches inside...

thanks!

Claude. :D

heres mine its a b&m rachet shifter. ignore the worn interior its on my to do list.

Attachments

• !BR-CK4!BGk~$(KGrHgoH-CUEjlLlvzuyBK!)MT(cS!~~_0.jpg
    !BR-CK4!BGk~$(KGrHgoH-CUEjlLlvzuyBK!)MT(cS!~~_0.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 364
If anyone is impressed with Steve Hughes set up (I am), I have a complete B&M Pro Stick shifter for sale. It includes the GN console so you don't have to modify yours. The console needs a shift plate like Steve has (Turbo Reghal Custom Parts). If this doesn't sell I am now tempted to keep it and duplicate Steve's setup.
Gary