shift kit

buy a trans off brian, he is a supporting vendor. They kick like a sledge hammer hit your ass.

I made the mistake of having a B&M shift kit installed in my 30k stock trans a few years ago and the trans never worked correctly since. i replaced it with a trans from Brian Hofer and have been very pleased since:smile: .

bw jones

Where do you get your Brian Hofer shift kits at?

He is old school. doesnt sell kits just trannys. he uses the wide bands machines his servos and covers down (case stretcher) and drills the lavebody fluid passages.

Really a shift kit is just getting the fluid to move faster. you need to take your valve body apart and drill out certain passages to certain sizes.

Correct me if Im wrong.

Built trans > shift kit

Have I would guess 1000 passes on my Dynotech trans and still shifts fine... Firm shifts, but not like some of the skiftkits where you'd almost piss blood.

Last shift kit I did was a Transgo for a TH350. All I did was replace the springs in the valve body and swap out the seperator plates. Shifts were firm but not jerky.

I did have a B&M in a TH350 in an S-10 once, would bark the tires in 2nd, and chirp them in 3rd. I always thought that was cool. Until I learned that's actually bad on the sprag. :eek: