Shift Drop recorded

TrboHead

What is an acceptable time for a shift to make it's completion from start to finish under WOT?

Here are my times I recorded using BS3:

1-2 shift - 4 tenths with no flare.
2-3 shift - 2 tenths with no flare.
3-4 shift - No log yet.

Anyone look at there data log to see what happens during the shift?

That 1-2 shift seems too long for durability at WOT.

I hope you have your trans built up at that power level. What's been done to the trans?

time

.30 of 1 second for 1-2 and 2-3 as per DS files on a fully built trans. Also same time for TCC lockup @ the top of third.

I've got Bruce's front pump some extra clutches on the tight side but no Billet stuff. I run a AC non LU.
The tranny's been in for a couple of years so I'm about to do a refresh on it over the winter.

I use an alto red band but like I said it's a couple of years old. It's not flaring but just takes about 4 tenths from start to finish. I'm just looking for ranges to see what's acceptable for 500 HP.

those times are not factual in the real world.the equiptment needed to measure that is much more sensitive than what you guys are using.you need to measure from the oil exit point at the shift valve to the end of the rpm drop for it to be accurate.the datalogger doesnt do this 100 percent accurate because it doesnt have a pressure tap for 2nd gear.

Understand, but us guys on a budget are just playing around with our data logs. Surely we can get gain something from this info. At least I can use this Data before and after a rebuild.

your correct and i commend you on your efforts to pay attention to an important bit of info such as rpm drop on a ratio change.im just saying that the time is actually a lot less than that .more to the tune of negative double digits if all is working correctly.

That's good to know because I thought 4 tenths was a bit long too. Since my tranny seems ti be holding up I probably shouldn't let it bother me.