Sheet metal hood pad

tnt6

Has anyone purchased the sheet metal hood pad(hood skin) that g body parts sells for $365? From the pics it looks like a nice piece. Can anyone comment on this product?

Looking to buy one, but after I get clarification from the manufacture on how to keep it from rattling against the hood. Said something about a thin insulator pad that goes behind it.

was hoping this one would be a winner..seems like a great alternative to trying to sort out a factory pad....may still take a chance on it

You gonna be the guinea pig on this? I wont be able to afford it until February. I was hoping Undercover87t had some answers from the mfg.

I have to admit that the supplier is certainly alittle disconcerting..I really think this has the potential to be a winner..its the best idea I've seen so far..may take a chance on it after my front clip goes back on

Still looking for one of these. Whoever was making them may have cut ties with Gbody then stopped making them. Anyone else install one?

I would still like some info as well... Anybody?? I will have to make a decision by next month, and was hoping to have info to compare with my other options.
Undercover..which way are you leaning toward right now??

On the top of list now as mine is disintegrating and is embarrassing at car shows. How will the powder coating hold up next to the turbo heat shield especially when the aluminum can flex?

sounds like a lost cause..... ud think with all the demand for one someone wud design somthn cause I'm sure they wud sell like hot cakes

I liked the look of the sheet metal liner. I wonder if it was a GM licensing issue?

Probly another dumb question but would it be possible to just remove the hood pad and ceramic coat the underside of hood?

Probly another dumb question but would it be possible to just remove the hood pad and ceramic coat the underside of hood?
lol sounds like a decent idea to me. mite be expensive tho. cost like $80 to do just my Turbo tho so not sure on that

Ceramic coat, if the powdercaot type application, requires: Clean, blasted surface, chance for warping from the blast process, 400* baking process. As Brett mentioned= ^$$.
Guess it could be done. My pc guy powder coated an entire Dodge Coronet......Now, that was BIG bucks.. Done inside and out!:eek: