She is finally HOME!

This is an awesome thread. Love the progress. Makes me excited to get mine on the road. I appreciate seeing all this.

I'm not gonna lie, when I first got the car I was like WTF did I just get myself into. :mad: LOl! But after I kept going & help from this board & seeing things like this thread, I know I did the right thing. Can't wait... Nice GN!

I'm also in AZ too. U ever come back, let me know.

Where are you hindin' out in AZ?

There's a few of us that like to help in the areas we are able to.......... I'm not anywhere close to being a mechanical guru, but I do have a sorta/kinda of place in this really big puzzle........ and we do pretty good work.

Where are you hindin' out in AZ?

There's a few of us that like to help in the areas we are able to.......... I'm not anywhere close to being a mechanical guru, but I do have a sorta/kinda of place in this really big puzzle........ and we do pretty good work.

TurboT
I'm in Avondale. Close to the Glendale area. That would be awesome! I've been spending a TON of time lately trying to get this car on the road. almost there. Waiting on a few parts. Still a long ways from how I want it. But I'm pluggin along. R u close by?

TurboT
I'm in Avondale. Close to the Glendale area. That would be awesome! I've been spending a TON of time lately trying to get this car on the road. almost there. Waiting on a few parts. Still a long ways from how I want it. But I'm pluggin along. R u close by?

I'm in Central Phoenix and work on the Phoenix/Scottsdale border.

I'm also in AZ too. U ever come back, let me know.

Sounds good. I am moving to San Antonio, Texas at the end of the year from Ft Bragg, NC.
The plan is to visit family in Queen Creek, AZ along with the move.
Will give you a shout.

Alright, I finally installed my LS1 Front brakes after waiting 5 weeks. :s

I purchased used LS1 Calipers on EBay for $75 shipped. Couple days after that I purchased new Rotors/Pads on Ebay as well for $60 shipped. I purchased the LS1 Bracket for $75 shipped from FlynBye and received it a week after I placed my order. I took the old GBody rotors to a local machine shop to have them turned down into Hubs on their Lathe. Well it took the machine shop 2 weeks to get my Hubs back. I had them install the new longer wheel studs and on the first wheel stud, the hub experienced a hairline crack in it!!!!!! Well that wasn't going to work. I ordered the Hubs for $150 shipped from FlynBye 3 weeks ago and finally received them yesterday. :mad:

Jimmy came over and drilled and tapped the threads on the spindle for the bracket a few weeks ago. Thanks JimDogg! I installed everything last night, bled the lines and took it out for a spin. Happy with the new feel of the 12" Rotor and Dual Piston Caliper.

The Hub came with the wheel studs already installed. The wheel studs are 1/2"-20 as opposed to the stock M12x1.5 thread so I had to get new wheel stud nuts.
2.jpg

1.jpg

Thanks for the shout-out. BTW how well does it stop?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Jimmy, it feels a bit better than the old stock brakes. More responsive. It's no Baer brakes, but for driving on Skibo Rd it does the job.

Last edited:
very nice ride. My car is no GN but still gives me some hope that she will be up and running again. (y)

Update on the Rattle Can paint on DP/Headers.
It turned Gold after a few miles and has stayed that way. Minor flaking at the top of the DP.

Oh also Jimmymack87gn hooked me up with a FlexFuel badge. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1414882816780.jpg
    1414882816780.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 1414882869348.jpg
    1414882869348.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 171
Swapped my rear springs out for Moog 5413 a few days ago. Dropped the rear 1". Hopefully they'll settle some more.

Attachments

• tmpPhoto.jpg
    tmpPhoto.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 139