She is finally HOME!

You hate to say I told you so...but you told me so didn't ya Pat.
It's not that bad. Car's doing great.

well it just sucks being right on that one...................

Great to hear that it's doing great......Glad you can enjoy it !!!!!!!!!

well it just sucks being right on that one...................

Great to hear that it's doing great......Glad you can enjoy it !!!!!!!!!
it's cool.
I'm coming up there soon.
Been working a lot of Saturdays and just don't have a lot of free time.

I bet them gnx's leak.. He just drained all the oil on the top car I bet haha. All these cars seem to leak a tiny bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few more updates for those interested.

It was time to change out the rear gear oil. Instead of dealing with the old beat up cover, I snagged a Moser rear end girdle made by TA Performance out of the sunny and HOT state of Arizona. Installation was quick and easy. She took 2 1/2 Qts of Valvoline Conventional HP 80W-90 Gear Oil with no extra additives and no chattering.

diff.jpg

The next item on the list was to remove the old Hughes 12" LU that stalled at 2400 at 0lbs of Boost for a younger and leaner model. I ended up purchasing a Pats 10" LU rated at 3000 here on the board from Chris at a great price.

I acquired the professional help of @jimmymack87gn to help me install the new converter. Ok, who am I kidding? Jimmy did all the work, I stood on the sidelines and made sure to grab him what he needed. Luckily another GN owner @Koshe stopped by as well. Koshe was there to dab the sweat around our eyes and to mop up some of the transmission fluid on the ground. Thanks Koshe! None of this would of been possible without your attention to detail.

Ok back to the Torque Converter.

Here is Jimmy ready to drop the Transmission as I look from the dugout.
rear.jpg

And yanking that old bad boy out!
oldtc.jpg

Here is a side by side comparison.
2TC.jpg

The car feels leaner and more responsive now. Seems like we just took a few hundred pounds off the car. The Boost comes on that much quicker!

I bet the car is more responsive with that much less rotating mass in the flywheel! Also nice clean undercarriage. And yes it's always better when you've got like-minded helpers in the shop with you! :)

I bet the car is more responsive with that much less rotating mass in the flywheel! Also nice clean undercarriage. And yes it's always better when you've got like-minded helpers in the shop with you! :)

Yes, I love the way she responds now. Thank you on the undercarriage. Not a lot of rust just a lot of Arizona dirt hehe.

So, I found a good deal on an LT4 Starter from a '96 Corvette Grand Sport.
After hearing the LT4 Starter on John's GN, I creamed my pants and knew I had to have one.
I received a 35% off deal from Advanced Auto Parts in my email. (MISSUG41) Expires June 24th.

After taxes and returning a core it came out to $82. Not bad for limited lifetime warranty. Guy at the counter said as long as they received a core, all was good. :cool:

Along with the LT4 Starter P/N 17124, I grabbed new bolts from the HELP! section P/N 45640.
The bolts came in a package of 3. You only need to use the long bolt and the short bolt.

Disconnect battery, remove the 2 bolts and wiring and replace the same way with the new starter and bolts.
I did not have to remove my crossover pipe or trans fluid lines.
Took me roughly 25 minutes.

starter1.jpg

Starter2.jpg

Here is a video with the LT4 Starter. Keep in mind this was the first start after a week of sitting with E85 and resetting the ECM. After initial start up, the GN fires in about half the time. Make sure you watch it in 1080P HD :)

Hope they were not khakis!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Couldn't have had a better person build your motor. Nick is the man

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sounds great! Also this starter uses less current to turn the engine. This is critical if you have a trunk-mount battery as the inrush current of the original starter will cause problems with the lengthened cables and higher voltage drop.

I did a similar conversion on my FWD 3.8 car (converted to turbo). It really cured ALL hot re-start concerns. If you have a front wheel drive (3.8 or 3800) car, the starter you need for the same effect is Remy 96208 N6431. No need to change bolts or any other modifications. Just bolt it on and use same shims.

Results:

Sounds great! Also this starter uses less current to turn the engine. This is critical if you have a trunk-mount battery as the inrush current of the original starter will cause problems with the lengthened cables and higher voltage drop.

Wow I did not know that, thank you for the info. That starter fires your car right up.

This is an awesome thread. Love the progress. Makes me excited to get mine on the road. I appreciate seeing all this.

I'm not gonna lie, when I first got the car I was like WTF did I just get myself into. :mad: LOl! But after I kept going & help from this board & seeing things like this thread, I know I did the right thing. Can't wait... Nice GN!

I'm also in AZ too. U ever come back, let me know.

This is an awesome thread. Love the progress. Makes me excited to get mine on the road. I appreciate seeing all this.

I'm not gonna lie, when I first got the car I was like WTF did I just get myself into. :mad: LOl! But after I kept going & help from this board & seeing things like this thread, I know I did the right thing. Can't wait... Nice GN!

I'm also in AZ too. U ever come back, let me know.

Yeah same here. I didn't even know what I was looking at when I purchased my GN.

Thank you for the kind words. My GN is far from nice in real life. Hehe

All G! I think we all feel our cars r far from nice real life. I guess that's why it's so sddictive to try & make it "better." Smh... :D