setup and times, I am wanting to compare and get opinions

keith theriot

Turbocajun
wanting to know some setup and times that you guys are running to compare with mine and maybe help with what maybe slowing me down. I have an 85 with 87 intake,throttle body, ecm, module,coil,fuel hot wire, front mount intercooler,TT chip, upgraded turbo(limit engineering), and razors alky. ported heads , mild ported intake, engine bored 30 over with crane cam intake lift(280), exhaust(290). stock exhaust. ok went to the track with slicks 2.04 60ft, 13.72-et @ 98.18. this seem slow for my setup. ANY INPUT IS WELCOME

The last time I ran the TV cable was out of adjustment and shift points were too low. I now have a roller cam206/210 which is not listed in my signature. Fourth time down the track 1.875 go ft, 13.027 ET @ 104.32. This is on a safe tune limited to 20 lbs boost. I plan on going on Sunday and get my one time 12 time slip. Brad

i am running 20 psi also and a safe tune as well. how much difference do yall notice with a bigger down pipe?

It does make a difference but I have no way to quantify it. My car has never been dialed in as it is now. I have only been down the track four times. Brad

The last time I ran the TV cable was out of adjustment and shift points were too low. I now have a roller cam206/210 which is not listed in my signature. Fourth time down the track 1.875 go ft, 13.027 ET @ 104.32. This is on a safe tune limited to 20 lbs boost. I plan on going on Sunday and get my one time 12 time slip. Brad

Damnnnn, Brad you snuck one in on us!!!!!:eek: But 104mph is pretty good that will give you a solid 12.6-8 ET with a good 60ft.

i am running 20 psi also and a safe tune as well. how much difference do yall notice with a bigger down pipe?

98 MPH is right on target for the ET that you are running. That tells me it's not a set up issue it's a tuning issue. You basically have a stock 86-87 set up less the passenger header and downpipe. Even so you should be good for at least high 12's. What was your 1/8 mile ET and MPH? Brad yours also.

Damnnnn, Brad you snuck one in on us!!!!!:eek: But 104mph is pretty good that will give you a solid 12.6-8 ET with a good 60ft.

Pete- My last run was. R/T .697, 60ft 1.875, 330-5.355, 1/8 8.307-MPH 83.38, 1000 10.863, 1/4-13.027-mph 104.32. I can e-mail you the powerlogger file on this run as well. It shows the wrong shift points. I didnt get another run that day because of the no helmet rule. The track was 113 degrees. Going tomorrow when it will be nice and cool. Brad

Pete- My last run was. R/T .697, 60ft 1.875, 330-5.355, 1/8 8.307-MPH 83.38, 1000 10.863, 1/4-13.027-mph 104.32. I can e-mail you the powerlogger file on this run as well. It shows the wrong shift points. I didnt get another run that day because of the no helmet rule. The track was 113 degrees. Going tomorrow when it will be nice and cool. Brad

Well I'd love to see the files but I'm in Afghanistan and the internet is slow as crap over here so it would take me all night to get them. Is that on pump gas and alky or are you running some race gas with that? Either way from your 1/8 mile ET that equates to a 12.95 1/4 but thats only because of your 60FT time. The MPH is there for a 12.6-8 and you're picking up 21MPH on the top end so it's pulling good even with the short shifting. I'd suggest that you not even worry about the tree or even racing an opponent by that I mean the timer doesn't start ticking until you leave the line, hold that thing to about 8-10lbs of boost and let her rip. Adjust your tire to about 14-16psi. If you aint scarrrrred I'd even turn the boost up another 4lbs, with adequate fuel and no knock that is, that should yield you a good solid 107-8 MPH. Good enough for a 12.3-4.

Pete-Do you have the powerlogger software with you? The log files are small and easily e-mailed. This is how I got my car dialed in. Exchanged logs with an expert who told me what to do after reviewing each log. The powerlogger software can be downloaded from Fullthrottle. I will send you the log anyways and post up my results after tomorrow. I am running 93 octane and spraying meth agressively starting at one pound boost. 18 degrees timing AFR 10.8. Brad

Ok the since you're running pump gas and I've been down this road so I'm going to tell you from experience, leave the boost alone and start bumping the timing up by 2* until you reach the sweet spot. It "WILL" start making power. Alky is hard to burn and has a high flash rate. I'd say 22-24* would do you good and if you're still increasing trap speeds and getting no knock bump it on up to 26*. Last time I went to the track on pump gas and alky with 18psi I ran 109MPH but that was with 26* of timing. I let my friend drive the next run and he turned off the alky pump......don't ask.......and KaBOOM!!!!!! Pistons were fine but the block melted.:eek: Send me the file. I'll look at it tomorrow it's 9pm here now so I'll be in bed soon.