Setting up the RJC boost controller

Turbo6Tech84

I've been having a hard time trying to get the boost correct when I installed the rjc boost controller. Here is whats happening, I tried different lengths for the wastegate rod as well as different lengths for the boost controller. I can't seem to get a steady boost range all my boost gauge needle does is wobble when I build up boost. Is there a special way to setup the rjc boost controller than I haven't been doing?

The 90 degree fitting goes towards your actuator.
Set the rod all the way out so you have maybe an 8th inch to install onto the wg.
base adjustment with the controller, screw in or screw out.

make run. note your boost.

Hmmm only 15#s OK the rod is damn near finger install onto the puck and the BC is screwed all the way in...

OK tighten up the rod 2 turns and make a run.

Hmmm OK boost is a little better at 17#s.... readjust rod then back off the BC

you have to play with it.

It's pretty straight forward.

Bottom (straight end) of the RJC connects to the turbo housing, and the top (L end) connects to the WG Actuator.
Start with the RJC controller adjusted out until you have 2-3 threads engaged, this is minimum boost. Too loose and you risk leakage around the threads.

Set your adjustable actualtro arm to the min boost setting also. The hole on the WG actuator rod should be about 1/8 inch to the short side of the pin on the WG arm whent he WG is in the closed position...you could set it a little tighter, but not necessary. Too loose and the WG won't be all the way closed and you'll have a hard time building boost.

With the above, you should be at about 15psi and it should be fairly stable.

Adjust the RJC tighter (shorter) from there based on what your tune will permit without seeing knock.

If you're running a stock turbo with a stock exhaust housing, you might experience boost creep.....keep an eye on it.