Seriously on the fence about selling my GN

BuickMike

Money pit
Don't get me wrong, I love this car. I've had it since '98 and have literally rebuilt it frame up. The problem is that these things are so damn finicky. There is always something that I want to nit pick over on it that keeps distracting me from other things. My father-son project is suffering, and my Grandfather's '59 LeSabre just sits there because there is always something going on with this car. Anyone else get to this point? Not sure what to do here. I have a feeling I want more for it than anyone would offer. Hmmmmmm.......

If you aren't "into it" anymore it might be time to move it along. Seem to be plenty that are for sale so it could be replaced it you end up with 2nd thoughts down the road.

Might be time to throw a car cover on it and ignore it for a bit. Outta sight outta mind type thing. You"ll never get what you've got into it out of it ( I know I can't) , and these cars won't ever quit being finicky! I've had the sellers remorse before, hence the suggestion.

feeling the same about mine. have had it over 20 years .It runs and drives great but needs a few cosmetics and I'm just not that into it anymore. Might be time to send it down the road.

You have alot of time into the car and it looks nice if it doesn't owe you anything I say keep it and just let it sit for a little bit

Several years ago I owned a 51,000 mile 1968 Shelby GT 350. The car was incredible, looked classic muscle car to a T, and was a blast to drive. The last two years I owned it I enjoyed it less and less for no particular reason. My wife thought I was nuts for wanting to sell it, no way I would ever be able to afford one again. Sold it anyway and have not regretted it. Sure I still have fond memories of that car but I have moved on to other interests that keep me excited to go out to the garage. It was time. No regrets.

I don't know. It just seems that every time I get something worked out, something else happens. I'm getting pissed off at the bad quality of aftermarket stuff lately too. Part of me wants to just sell the GN and my WRX, take the cash, and buy a brand new musclecar. My biggest reason for buying the GN in the first place back when I did, was to consolidate my musclecar and DD into one modern muscle vehicle with decent MPG and creature comforts. Basically a Buick GS and a Honda CRX got replaced by this car. Now things have come full circle for me. The goods of this car is that it is a classic that gets lots of attention, looks better than most of the TR's out there, and still holds its own against anything on the street.

I probably won't sell it because I want more than people are willing to pay right now. Maybe I'll wait a few more years.

yea I get that point every few years and sell it. but i always go back so do urself a favor and just keep it cause it really is an addiction and its a hellova a lot cheaper keep wat u got then sell and start over again....

It is a hard decision to make alright. I sold Tweaked about six weeks ago. No one around here went racing anymore. Have sold my other Grand Nationals over the past few years. Decided to buy a hellcat so that I would have something reliable and some what quick . Good luck with your decision.

If you can afford to keep it and store it do that. I love my current car but always regretted selling my last GN.

You may have answered your own question. Older cars require constant attention, if you love working on cars, great. If you don't like working on them but love the power, buy a modern muscle car. I have had several friends buy new Mustangs, Challengers, and Cameros and have said it was the best decision they ever made. The key is that none of those guys truly enjoyed working on their cars, they just enjoyed driving them.

You may have answered your own question. Older cars require constant attention, if you love working on cars, great. If you don't like working on them but love the power, buy a modern muscle car. I have had several friends buy new Mustangs, Challengers, and Cameros and have said it was the best decision they ever made. The key is that none of those guys truly enjoyed working on their cars, they just enjoyed driving them.

I love working on cars......but I get much more enjoyment out of old school cars, with carbs, distributors, etc. Not that I'm scared of new technology, but newer tech on an older car can become a nightmare.

It is a hard decision to make alright. I sold Tweaked about six weeks ago. No one around here went racing anymore. Have sold my other Grand Nationals over the past few years. Decided to buy a hellcat so that I would have something reliable and some what quick . Good luck with your decision.

How do you like the Hellcat? I'm pondering a Challenger SRT. Lost of the same stuff minus about 280hp.

Its a great car. I only have 41 miles on it at this time. I went with the four door charger. I do have an 08 challenger that we put a turbo on. I think the charger will be quiet a bit quicker. Both of them are black go figure.

Don't worry about the car being perfect. If you can't stop worrying about it just sell it. Took 10 years to get my car "almost finished". It still isn't done. Half the paint needs wet sanded, old ass bumper fillers are cracking, glove box and speaker cover need repainted, still needs some good speakers, cracks in the roof again, smoke on start up, SHITTY aftermarket weather stripping that seals up like a screen door. Don't care anymore. I just drive it. If it breaks, I fix it. After all it is still a 25 yr old car and I've replaced almost every damn thing I can think of electronics wise.

My car has sat more than it's been driven. It's run fine for a year and I still rarely drive it. Maybe you should try a bigger turbo. You got the mods for it.

Don't worry about the car being perfect. If you can't stop worrying about it just sell it. Took 10 years to get my car "almost finished". It still isn't done. Half the paint needs wet sanded, old ass bumper fillers are cracking, glove box and speaker cover need repainted, still needs some good speakers, cracks in the roof again, smoke on start up, SHITTY aftermarket weather stripping that seals up like a screen door. Don't care anymore. I just drive it. If it breaks, I fix it. After all it is still a 25 yr old car and I've replaced almost every damn thing I can think of electronics wise.

My car has sat more than it's been driven. It's run fine for a year and I still rarely drive it. Maybe you should try a bigger turbo. You got the mods for it.
X2 on the drive it. I drive mine just about everyday to work since I got the trans together last year. It gets better mileage and way more thumbs up than my truck. Lots more fun to drive too.