selling my baby, part out?

REEDOG

poopy pants
Gees, It's been a while since I hung out here, so much going on. I've decided to focus on other things and sell my beloved Buick. I can't believe I'm saying that. Almost makes me get emotional. I've had this car since 96 and put so much hard work into it, I've always done everything myself. Some things I had to re-do 2 or 3 times before I got it right. Lots of long days, bloody hands, sore backs and temper tantrums. I even cried one time out of frustration. :eek: I've learned so much about building motors, fuel injection and turbocharging. Truly a great experience as I look back on it all. Soon I'll be posting it here in the "for sale" section and letting go of my most prized possesion for so many happy years. It's hard for me to imagine somone else driving away in my car.

So hard I'm considering parting it out. What do you guys think? I'll probably get more money for it in parts, right? Would it be hard to sell as a complete car? What is it worth based on the major components mentioned in my sig?

Thanks

Pretty ride, don't part it. I'm sure someone will buy it whole. Hate to see another one of these go that way needlessly, if it were wrecked that's another thing entirely. Besides, if you're having trouble letting it go it isn't gonna be any fun to pull it apart.

Man give the poor Regal a chance, don't strip it down and part it out. It deserves better than that, that would be one less TR out there and they sure do not make them anymore. Just my 2 cents.

Sounds like you still want to really keep it to me. Take it from someone who knows. Once you sell it you will regret it. Looks like a really nice TR and doubt if anyone could really go and part it out.

I sold my 66 pro street Chevelle in 1995 after having the car for almost 20 years. I gained a lot of mechanical experience in that car and totally rebuilt it 3 different times over the years and got it in features in many magazines in all three incarnations.

Got a lot of experience in it's back seat back when it was a daily driver too before it became a show car.:D

Sold it when we were expecting a baby because it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Wasn't to get money but to get a more family comfortable car with creature comforts but still fast. That is where my GN comes in.

Fast forward almost 9 years and if you see me at a show or cruise I am generally by myself. My son would rather play video games then hang around cars. Hopefully he will come around in a few years.

A day doesn't go by when I wish I still had the Chevelle so make your decision wisely.:)

Why don't you sell the expensive performance parts (If you still have the original) or trade for stock parts plus money so you can recupe some of your investment. Then sell the car as stock. Definitely don't part it out.