Series II L67 Grand National??!!??

You mean the "lv3" 4.3 v6. The l83 is the 5.3.

The 4.3 would be a great foundation for the new GN.

They already have the 3.6 twin turbo out in the Cadillac. Can't believe the new GN hasn't been announced yet.

They already have the 3.6 twin turbo out in the Cadillac. Can't believe the new GN hasn't been announced yet.

I unfortunately think the anticipation might be better than car itself..... I hope I'm wrong.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for all the good info folks. How about an odd fire crank shaft into an L36 block... is there one that would fit?

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for all the good info folks. How about an odd fire crank shaft into an L36 block... is there one that would fit?

Cheers
Jay

No. The rear flange won't allow for it so the crank would have to be custom made.

I've been toying with this idea for my Bonneville motor but besides taking me out of Production, there is this problem and the problem of compression on my destroker. Even with a pure flattop at optimum quench, the compression is only 7.75:1 because of the huge 64cc chambers on the Series II/III heads. There are 7cc dome units out there for 4.8/5.3L V8 strokers but even with the same optimum quench that only gets you 8.32:1. That's what really led me to abandon that idea but remember I have only a 2.66in stroke on my 3.0L destroker. More stroke = more compression so a 3.400+ stroke unit might fare better.

Not officially. The CTS Vsport and ATS-V will be powered by the 420 hp TT V6. As will the XTS. It's rumored that motor will power a Buick GN and a Camaro.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So how much are the series 2 junkyard motors? Is it an easy swap? Do they bolt to the 200r4s?

Just flipped through this thread, I don't think I ever posted in it. I have been thinking about this swap for two years now. I would use the SFI-6 EBL if I could for this swap. would have to check with dynamicefi to see if it would work. I already am using the later ignition coils and module, etc. I agree the tranny is a stumbling point, since either rebuilding the 4l60e, or adding the adapter plate, and getting a custom converter, or the 500.00 adapter and stock converter, all add a bit of cost to the swap.

In any case, good info from all who know and are sharing it. I wish i could go for a ride in this thing!

If you look in the transmission section there is a thread about new bolt on bell housings for 200r4. I'm sure you could buy one for a series 2 3800

Were using a stock standard L67 crank and stock block (forged pistons and rods) to make around 600-650rwhp with no problems. Car went 9.5@150. Main issue we get is it drains the sump when you sit @6000-7000rpm the whole way down, so we are going to try an accumulator.

Sounds good and all but I can't even mount this bad boy into anything after I build it without going threw the fab headache....

Our old Series 1 blocks had the same bolt pattern as the new series 3s. Same as the mount points. Is yours different?

A turbo buick motor and a series 1 3800 are not the same motor so the series 2/3 mounts would not be the same as a TB 3.8

So how much are the series 2 junkyard motors? Is it an easy swap? Do they bolt to the 200r4s?

I never buy a motor but have bought many , many whole cars and parted them out on 3800 forums.

Example :current car getting ripped apart in the garage cost me $450, had 4 new tires on it on factory aluminum wheels my daughters gs needed rubber she got those as well as the new struts I pulled off it , her boyfriends car got the brakes and a control arm , I sold the engine with trans for $475 good running drivetrain that shifted all gears complete from sc to oil pan, coils , ex manifolds etc... actually I have had many dealings with the buyer so I delivered him the whole cradle with halfshafts and rack in place for that price. same guy recently bought my old daily gs with 225,000 on it this package is just plan b incase something breaks , he will likely sell off the sc ,lim , coils , tb ,HD diff/shaft/cover etc stuff he wont need and will end up with an eng/trans for close to free himself...

still have the rest of the car to part out then scrap $$ including the cat $$ so the picture I am painting is you can easily get them for free if you buy a whole car lol car had rot issues and only 136,000 miles on it - just a baby for these engines if your looking for low miles then your at the mercy of the junkyards but in the 3800 seriesII community we think nothing of modding a 200k engine and if your in the rust belt theres plenty of cars on craigs list that need rockers ,strut towers , brake/fuel lines ,radiator supports cost to repair is higher than cars value so you just have to be a smart buyer and help the seller pay the reg for their new car and free up parking space in the yard lol

I have a 700R4 out of an '84 blazer S-10 (2.8L bell) suppose to bolt right up to L67, non- computer trans.