Selling My T-type, What To Do???

spooleo13

I've had no luck selling my car in this market. I have had alot of low ball offers, and everybody asking to trade. My question is do I put the car back to stock to sell it? Because of the rearend and the way the car looks everyone thinks I raced the car. The truth is the car has never seen the track! What would you guys do? Is my asking price of 8K out of line? Heres a link so you know what I'm talking about.
eBay Motors: Buick : Regal (item 150324585911 end time Feb-08-09 19:27:51 PST)
And this is not a shamless plug for more people to see the car, Thanks!

I normally wouldn't say anything cuz I don't want to be a "tire kicker", but your asking so here it is.

I want your car.

Funds will not allow.

I don't think I'm the only one with this problem...I don't feel like the price is out of line, but not much of anything is selling right now.

(disclamer - I haven't seen the car in person so I might change my mind if I did)

Also just FYI, I think you need to take some better pics...In some of yours it's kinda hard to get a feel for the color...And I'd just like to see them.

Edit - Oh and about the racing the car thing, I could care less either way personally, but the feeling I have just from looking at your pictures is that you started building a pretty serious car, and never got there...If you tell people why you did some of the things you did the people that care if it's been raced or not might understand better.

I feel your $8,000 asking price is better than normal and a great deal at that! If the car looks as nice in person as it does in the pics it should be worth more really. More like a $10,000-$12,000 car in a normal market even closer to the 10k in this market.

The guy above is right about the pictures. They need to be taken in more light with more clarity.

Other than the pic's, you are in the same boat ALL of us are. We all have Too much into our cars to Ever recoupe the total cost we have in them.

If you can afford to hang onto it, It will be proffitable in the future!

If you Must sell/trade it, I suggest trading to the right person that is looking for a TR. You might just get a nice trade that is easyier to sell right now and might also bring more money.

Good luck with your sale,
Scot W.

Dude it's the market! Think about it.. Every time you turn the news on all you hear is recession. everyone is hanging on to their money. Which does nothing for the economy. If the media would shut up, then the economy might pick up. I'm hoping to "pounce" on the right car when it presents itself. When I start seeing low milage GN's going for around 10K, I'm buying!!

FWIW, you have a nice car and it should easily sell at that price.

Do you have to sell the car?

If not keep it and see how the market goes. Right now it is tough to sell anything. If people do have money they are scared of spending.

I feel your $8,000 asking price is better than normal and a great deal at that! If the car looks as nice in person as it does in the pics it should be worth more really. More like a $10,000-$12,000 car in a normal market even closer to the 10k in this market.

The guy above is right about the pictures. They need to be taken in more light with more clarity.

Other than the pic's, you are in the same boat ALL of us are. We all have Too much into our cars to Ever recoupe the total cost we have in them.

If you can afford to hang onto it, It will be proffitable in the future!

If you Must sell/trade it, I suggest trading to the right person that is looking for a TR. You might just get a nice trade that is easyier to sell right now and might also bring more money.

Good luck with your sale,
Scot W.
Your right about the price, because I was offered 11k about 2 years ago. Now I wish I would have jumped on it!

Do you have to sell the car?

If not keep it and see how the market goes. Right now it is tough to sell anything. If people do have money they are scared of spending.

I don't have to sell the car, but I'm starting a new project and I would like to use the money for that!

Your car looks good enough to sell on auto trader and other guys are right about picture quality, needs to be better. although, I think you can get enough out of the pictures you took to get a pretty good look at what you are trying to sell. I would leave it like it is and just wait till maybe may or june and try again. Surely this economy will get better!!!

First off, WOW, I love the car... I think it looks great, and if it's as clean in person as it looks in the pictures it's definitely worth $10k...

The downside is the economy like everyone else said... People are losing their homes and jobs right now, so the average Joe isn't spending money on toys or cars... Good luck with the sale, but I'd hold onto it for a while and get what it's really worth if you can afford to...

Car looks fine, the only thing to me are those flames on the uppipe, kind of strange, to me anyway

DUDE wait till the FF movie hits then your car will sell. Just tell em it is just like the one in the movie.

Dam 8k that looks real nice!

Ditto on everything stated above. It is just not the right time to sell. Your car is worth $10K+ if it is as good as the pictures. I paid $8K back 2001 for mine and it is equal to what you have. If I was looking for another one, I would be interested, but one is an addiction enough:D You know what they say, timing is everything. I would hold onto it if you are not getting the coin you want for it. Just my .02cents.

your car

Ditto on everything stated above. It is just not the right time to sell. Your car is worth $10K+ if it is as good as the pictures. I paid $8K back 2001 for mine and it is equal to what you have. If I was looking for another one, I would be interested, but one is an addiction enough:D You know what they say, timing is everything. I would hold onto it if you are not getting the coin you want for it. Just my .02cents.

It is the economy. The market is not right. I am asking half that for my 87 turbo limited and get the same thing. Tire kicking, low balling, and trade offers. The thing that blows me away is people trying to trade old montgomery wards riding lawnmowers or honda big red 3 wheelers. WTF? :confused:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. If it don't sell this time around I'll probably wait till closer to summer to try again. If it doesn't sell then maybe I will just have to hang on to it till the economy comes around!

Not a bad price for that car. Some might wonder if it's an all out race car or a driver? People might be turned off by the lack of A/C / HVAC box removed.

You might get more hits if you put some of the original stuff back on it to make it more of a driver. Just my 02.

Does the car have air? I think it a beautiful ride. Would love to have it to go with my 86 Blue T I have now!:eek:

Does the car have air? I think it a beautiful ride. Would love to have it to go with my 86 Blue T I have now!:eek:

I took all the air cond. out of the car. I still have everything so who ever buys it can put it right back!