Sellers don't really want to sell

wnabgnx

OK, I thought people put their cars up on Ebay so they could actually sell them? I have repeatedly emailed people in my area that are selling GN's on Ebay telling them that I'd like to come look at their cars, and get no reply. WTF? Complain in your auction that you aren't getting enough bids and challenge people to have it inspected, then you don't reply to a request to come look at it? I've given my home number and mobile number, email address, and proposed several times to meet, all with no response?

I've heard of people bidding on cars with no intention of buying, but putting them up for auction with no intention of selling, that's a new one for me.

The search continues...

Sean

There are also people pretending to sell parts on gnttype.org.
why would someone list parts every week and then not answer phone or answer phone & tell you they'll call you back & never do?:confused:

I was just re-reading my emails and noticed that one stopped responding after I requested to hook up TurboLink to the car. Hmmmm.

The car sold for $900 less than I was willing to spend, not my loss.

The search continues...

Sean

I got one for sale........A beauty at that

And I WILL get back to you if you are interested.

87 GN
60ish people owned (They still own it, just didn't want people coming to look at it and casing their house to steal at later date , so it is here at PTS XTREME.)
83,000 miles
Interior is brand new and a 12 on a 10 scale
GNX dash
GNX wheels
Comp TA tires
36 lb inj
atr downpipe
Car has THE BEST paint job I have ever seen. (Emblem deleted too, which I think looks great)
Has the CD concert sound upgrade.
All service manuals and papers since new.

Here is the cool part
Owner has EVERY SINGLE part ever taken off this car in new condition and boxed and labled. Every part goes with car.

I have owned or been a part of 62 TR's since 87 and this is one of THE nicest cars I have ever seen. Also, it has led a very well cared for life.
If by Nov this car is still around, I think I may just buy it from them and keep it, it is that nice. ;)

15K and I have pics if requested.
916-952-9567 anytime........

Bruce
WE4
TB.com admin

TWO SIDES TO EVERY TRANSACTION

And a lot of people are just completely burnt-out on dealing with the flood of indecisive pie-in-the-sky tire-kicking paranoid window-shopping BS that goes along with offering something for sale.

Heard a fellow say today he'd throw something in the river, or give it to a friend or charity, before EVER offering anything for sale ever again.

Truly decent, kind, honest people are not accustomed to being treated as lying scum, or having their character and integrity questioned by ANYONE, particularly a rude thoughtless stranger.

Few people can stop their life long enough to fulfill all the needs of some "shoppers/lookers".
===========================================

Harder & harder to hook an honest & earnest buyer & seller up any more in a public marketplace without soooooo much unnecessary BS, it seems.

Bruce, thanks for the info on that, however it is above my price range. I am looking for a $10K car, I don't care if it needs some work, I plan on buying one GN and keeping it until I die.

I agree that there are 2 sides to every transaction, and I am only venting my frustration from the buyers side. I too have sold many cars and had to deal with deadbeats. However, I returned every email and followed up every phone call, because you never know. To not even reply to an email or return a phone call to feel the buyer out is just plain silly. You've already invested your time into putting up an ad, how do you expect to sell it? If you challenge people to look at your car, then never give them any way to do so, you are being contradictive to your own selling terms. How do you expect people to buy your car? Am I supposed to drive around town breaking into peoples garages until I find the right house, then force him to take some money? I say some money because I don't know how much you want for the car because you won't get back in touch with me! (Not you personally, you know what I mean :) )

Again, from my perspective, I am frustrated, only because I know when I should look for a car and when it's a waste of everyone's time. Take Bruce's example, he has taken the time to lay out the specs of a very nice car, but based on the price, I know it's out of my range, and indicated so right away. No sense wasting his or my time with something that won't happen. Unfortunately people have ruined the experience for real buyers. I completely understand that you don't just take a GN and let everyone and their brother test drive it. But if you are really selling, at least make an attempt to filter out the window shoppers from the real buyers.

The search continues...

Sean

I know exactly what you mean... Im trying to get some subs for my TA and i emailed this one place on ebay twice that has the speakers I want, and I just want to see if he will cut me a deal on shipping since im buying two (he wants $20 per speaker!!). they just plain arent responding pretty crappy...

OTOH as a car seller on ebay (twice), you do get bothered a lot and for an impatient person its tough.. Generally I dont mind answering questoons however, i consistently had a-holes emailing me "I'll give you $6k CASH" as if bold letters and cash would make me sell them a 30k mile TTA for peanuts!! I had another guy emaling me from 3 different addresses askin stuff like that probably trying to piss me off so id be just like "here take it for nothing!"

EBAY can & will be used in many ways.

I used ebay to sell a lawn tractor recently.
I STATED must pickup.. So I had local person
contact me. Then I ended auction early when they
came to buy it..

This person probably doesn't want you to come over
because he is hiding something about the car.
Thus he wants a long distance sale.

Sean,

Quit whining and buy my GN for $10K. :D :D :D

Or you can buy that '86 on Ebay that has the pic of the Tach at over 6K RPM's and only 8lbs of boost. Talk about blown head gaskets.

Seriously, the right one will come along. I'll ask around for you next time I see any local guys and when I'm in Vegas.

Mike, if I've told you once I've told you a thousand times. I have made you several offers on your car, you choose to ignore them. We'll do this one more time...

I have a $5 bill in my wallet, I give it to you, you give me the GN. This is not a hard concept, try to pay attention next time. :)

I agree with the long distance sale opinion, at least I believe it now. But this has happened with multiple sellers, it is frustrating to deal with this every single time.

One more note about that 86, the pics show a new exhaust setup, without any cats. So not only would you be buying a car that has photographic evidence of it getting beat on, but you wouldn't be able to pass emissions without first installing a set of cats. No thanks.

The search continues...

Sean

Fool, TR's have only one cat. Sorry man, I couldn't help myself.

That exhaust looks like it's from a muffler shop because there's not even a test pipe.

I was looking closer at that pic of the Tach maxed out and noticed the speedo needle was nowhere to be found. That makes me wonder if they just snapped the shot while turning on the ignition?? As far as I know you can't built 8psi in neutral, but I don't think I'll try.

Ooops, ok Mike, you got me, I don't know enough about these cars to be like you, oh wait, that's a GOOD thing! :)

I sent you an email tonight, give me a call tomorrow when you get a chance.

The search continues...

Sean