Second time out~ First time on new combo~ New best

87WE4BOOSTED

I NEED MORE BOOST!!
After 15 months of down time, I was able to get out on the new combo today. I'm literally HOOKED! Leaving off the trans-brake is CRAZY. I had never experienced a DEAD HOOK until today. Three runs I lifted A tad right after the launch due to me almost flying in the back seat.:eek: The fourth was a charm but the run was aborted.

Run 1: Leaving on 6lb tb
16psi 18*
10.8 AFR
Lifted right after the hit and on the big end.
Dump Closed
I1: 1.859
I2: 5.097
I3: 7.810
MPH{I3} 91.715
I4:10.194

E.T 12.566
MHP: 87.413

Run 2: Leaving 6lb tb * New Best *
Could not get data log for this run.:mad:
Lifted a little again right after the hit
Dump Closed
I1: 1.792
I2: 4.971
I3: 7.663
MPH{I3.} 92.296
I4: 9.993

E.T. 11.966
MPH: 112.382

Run 3 : Leaving 6lb tb
16psi 18*
10.7~10.8
Dump Closed
I1:1.765
I2: 4.977
I3: 7.669
MPH{I3}92.042
I4: 9.995

E.T 11.968
MPH: 112.745

Run 4: This would have been the best run. It was aborted. My voltage dropped as if the alternator gave up. Going back and looking at the logs I see the BAT was 12.5~12.9.
Leaving 9~10psi tb
18psi 18*
10.9~11.0
Dump Open: This gave me two psi. I almost forgot that it would yield me something.:redface:

I1: 1.634
I2: 4.715
I3: 7.373 I lifted shortly after
MPH {I3} 87.571
I4: 10.436

E.T. 13.826
MPH 60.805

All in all I'm VERY happy with the results!! I'm going to leave it here and tune it to the 11.5. I think it it has it with the street chip.
When I get home I will post the videos.

looks like the rear suspension needs some work. looks to bottom out hard lift up and come down again and go

DAMNnice runs!!! wheel definetly came up. your going to make me go out and get rid of my alky and put in a street chip. 11's on pump gas is nice

Thanks, I'm going to start spraying alky now.

looks good. what's the suspension set up? What converter are you running?

Front=All stock
Rear= Metco LCA's
PTC 9.5"

Nice run! A I would say the wheel did come up.
Thanks,

looks like the rear suspension needs some work. looks to bottom out hard lift up and come down again and go

I'm about to get my HR rear bar & UCA's in a few weeks. As soon as I let go the brake it bottoms out HARD, then my foot flys off the gas and then back on the gas.:redface: Looking at the power logger logs you really see the TPS drop off.

Nice Runs!

Be careful opening and closing dump without looking at tune, dropped a stock bottom end like that one night!

Don't get too hung up on using the transbrake. It is hard on parts, and IMO, is not needed to get a good 60' at your level. With that converter, the car should go 1.5's no problem off the foot brake. The transbrake will make the car bounce from the hit with no preload. If the car will 60' on the footbrake, it will not go any faster with the transbrake.

Nice Runs!

Be careful opening and closing dump without looking at tune, dropped a stock bottom end like that one night!

Thanks. You are so correct about watching the tune with the dump open. I could really see the difference looking at the logs.

Nice work!
Don't worry about air bags when you get the HR bar, I don't use mine anymore and it leaves nice and straight.
If you are gaining 2psi opening the dump at this power level, you need to work on your exhaust sooner than later. When I was trapping 125, I was gaining 3.5psi after opening the dump. Threw my exhaust away and built a 3 inch single shot and got rid of the dump.

Nice work!
Don't worry about air bags when you get the HR bar, I don't use mine anymore and it leaves nice and straight.
If you are gaining 2psi opening the dump at this power level, you need to work on your exhaust sooner than later. When I was trapping 125, I was gaining 3.5psi after opening the dump. Threw my exhaust away and built a 3 inch single shot and got rid of the dump.
Thanks. Exhaust is definitely on the to do list. I think im going with either RJC 3 or the 3 inch pypes system.

11's the first time out with any combo is awsome! You'll be in the 10's before you know it. ;)[/QUOTE
Thanks Ed. I sure hope so. I really did not expect to be in the 11's with such low boost and timing. Ill try to crack the tens by the end of the summer.:rolleyes: