New Best 11.349 @ 118

87WE4BOOSTED

I NEED MORE BOOST!!
Drove 218 miles round trip to the track today and ran a new best on a SAFE TUNE! This was the same tune I ran on the 11.9. The only difference was leaving on the foot brake vs. the transbrake (Thanks Forcefed3.8), adding 80% 100 octane to 20% 93 octane vs. 93 octane only and NOT BEING SCARED. They told me to slow it down!:D I'm looking for a local fabricator to get the safety equipment installed NOW.. I really feel I'm leaving alot on the table based on low shift points. All shifts were made @ 5000 w/trans in drive.:confused: I didn't pick up 25 out the back.:(. I believe there is more to be had at this boost when I iron out the little bugs.

Run 1
18 PSI 20-18* AFR 10.8
5 PSI FB
60ft - 1.621
1/8 - 7.266
mph - 97.204
E.T. - 11.349
mph - 118

Run 2
18 PSI 21-19* AFR 10.9
5 PSI FB
60ft - 1.703
1/8 - 7.303
mph - 97.069
E.T. - 11.359
mph - 119

Why would you shift at 5000 with that combo? Theres et there shifting later.

Why would you shift at 5000 with that combo? Theres et there shifting later.

The plan on the next outing is to start shifting my self or widen the shift point via the TV cable. Since I have the manual brake I lose the capability of making the 1-2 shift.:mad: However, I can control the 2-3. I don't want to sound over the top :p but I think if I could have worked on the tune a little more, widen the shift points, removed the front sway bar and left @ 10psi a 10.99 was hidden in there. :rolleyes:

Big thanks to Phil for taking the time to talk with me in regards to my tune!
Good runs. Send me the log for the last run. I'd like to look at it and see what changes you can make to improve on your times.

I don't know anybody that shifts a GN from 1st to 2nd but you can do 2nd to 3rd but don't ever go into OD. Stock governor is set to shift at 88 MPH at WOT but it will go higher if you manually shift it. I noticed on your other log that the PL showed when you were in PE mode the Neutral, 3rd and 4th gear lights were checked when you were in 1st and 2nd gear speed range. You probably need to to talk that over with Lonnie.

V6POWER said:
I didn't know you could use the TV cable to change shift points.

You can't. The TV should be buried at WOT regardless if where the setting is at other throttle angles. You can have it adjusted so line is less at anything less than WOT but should always be full TV with the throttle all the way open. There's enough stretch and deflection in the setup that will allow slight tweaking at light throttle angles.

Good runs. Send me the log for the last run. I'd like to look at it and see what changes you can make to improve on your times.

I don't know anybody that shifts a GN from 1st to 2nd but you can do 2nd to 3rd but don't ever go into OD. Stock governor is set to shift at 88 MPH at WOT but it will go higher if you manually shift it. I noticed on your other log that the PL showed when you were in PE mode the Neutral, 3rd and 4th gear lights were checked when you were in 1st and 2nd gear speed range. You probably need to to talk that over with Lonnie.

Hey Phil, when my friend returns from his vacation I will get the logs to you. I had to use his laptop as mine wouldn't hold a charge.

You can't. The TV should be buried at WOT regardless if where the setting is at other throttle angles. You can have it adjusted so line is less at anything less than WOT but should always be full TV with the throttle all the way open. There's enough stretch and deflection in the setup that will allow slight tweaking at light throttle angles.
Hey Brian, how would I get the trans to shift later when the car is left in drive?

Hey Brian, how would I get the trans to shift later when the car is left in drive?
That would depend how much later you want it to shift. You can adjust it a few hundred rpm by grinding the governor. If you are looking for more than that you need to run a different vb.

That would depend how much later you want it to shift. You can adjust it a few hundred rpm by grinding the governor. If you are looking for more than that you need to run a different vb.
Thanks for the reply...That's what I was thinking. If I change VB's I'll lose the brake right? :( Which VB would you recomend? Sorry for so many questions..:)