Second muffler RJC 4" single

You probably could but it might not make it quieter. I had a 4" single exhaust on my car at one time and opted to install a 2nd Magnaflow muffler where the stock Cat used to be. It didn't seem to help and actually brought more noise and drone into the car.

Neal

Last edited:
Are they that bad? I have been pondering that setup for a few months. How is it compared to an open dump at the bottom of the downpipe?

Mine was so bad you couldn't drive the car without earplugs. I ended up removing it and having a custom 3" dual system fabricated.

Neal

Well i guess i will stick with my racepro pypes 2.5" I can open the dump when i want the noise. Racepros are freaking quiet and don't drone at all. They just came out with a 3" kit, not sure how that sounds. But I would have bought that if available back then.

I am pondering the same thing, but for different reasons. I love the sound of the 4" single RJC that I have, I would like to add the 2nd tail pipe just for the visual appearance from the back of the car. I have picked up some extra room with the coil over set up over the factory spring. The only down side imo would be the extra weight. Keep in mind, if you have a HR rear swaybar, the brackets that fasten it down to the rear end will make contact with the tailpipe on a good bump in the road.

Last edited:
I run the BORLA XR-1 22" body 4" on my RJC system. A few slight mods and it fit great. It's a bit aggressive but so is the car. It's hard to have horsepower and keep it quiet.

I run the BORLA XR-1 22" body 4" on my RJC system. A few slight mods and it fit great. It's a bit aggressive but so is the car. It's hard to have horsepower and keep it quiet.
Louder or quieter than the muffler that comes with it? Honestly it being loud isn't the big issue it's the drone

Never had a system that didn't drone at a certain RPM. The Borla just sounds good. The best system for driving I've had was the GN1 dual 3". It was very nice.

I love my gn1 4” single shot . There is a lot less drone then my 3” IMO . I have a video of the sound of it when I first installed it . I’ll try and load it if interested .

I don't find any excessive drone that is annoying with this system, but the 4" pipe definitely gives a deeper tone.