Seats re-covering

87we410877

I am doing a frame off restoration on my Dark Blue 87 T type. Where can i get a GOOD quality original looking place to re-do the seats front and rear? I want the color to be right on and look 100% factory. Thanks. Tyler.

I paid $350 for my two fronts and rear to be uphostered with custom upholstery I ordered from Poston's. I had the seat already out of the car and disassembled. I've upholstered a set before and I feel $350.00 is worth it for a good job, that stuff is no damned fun to install.

Thoes seat covers, they dont just slip over the old stuff do they? Or do you have to take the seat apart and stretch it around and all. Thats what i want. Any one else think of any other place that does this? How bout g-body parts?

With Jax or the other guys, you'll need to pull off all the old stuff and pull the new covers on and use new hog rings to tie it all up. It's a real PITA. BTW, the OEM stuff is no longer available. Jax sent me some samples of what they currently have and it's not really that close. But I don't know that anyone can get that Pallex material anymore.

blue about blue

unfortunately I have to agree with previous post. I bought Blue "T-type" replacements from gbody. The price, shipping and quality are all good. The blue color is significantly different. This is not just fading vs. new. I own a '87 blue T with 600 miles locked away. I checked to see if the color maybe a lot different than my 126,000 mile '87 but the new upholstery is just a much brighter blue and different blue (like the exterior blue on a Subaru WRX) than the originals. I may decide to dye the carpet now since it very obvious I do not have original seats anymore. For some folks this may be fine and I do not know about any other vendors. :redface:

I love the blu einterior the best, but have you ever noticed no two blue interiors looks alike? Even the low mileage mint garaged ones look a tad 'off.'

If I could go back in time I would order a black T with a blue interior, that would be to die for. :cool:

unfortunately I have to agree with previous post. I bought Blue "T-type" replacements from gbody. The price, shipping and quality are all good. The blue color is significantly different. This is not just fading vs. new. I own a '87 blue T with 600 miles locked away. I checked to see if the color maybe a lot different than my 126,000 mile '87 but the new upholstery is just a much brighter blue and different blue (like the exterior blue on a Subaru WRX) than the originals. I may decide to dye the carpet now since it very obvious I do not have original seats anymore. For some folks this may be fine and I do not know about any other vendors. :redface:

Can you post pics of the Blue material from Gbody. I have blue interior and I have not done anything to it as I'm not sure whether to try and match what I have or just do a custom as indicated like Project TNX.

Dannyo

Can you post pics of the Blue material from Gbody. I have blue interior and I have not done anything to it as I'm not sure whether to try and match what I have or just do a custom as indicated like Project TNX.

Dannyo

Here's a set of blue Gbody's that was put in the give away car.

link to seat pics
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...pics-ultimate-giveaway-car-6.html#post1720852

seats installed
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...pics-ultimate-giveaway-car-7.html#post1728219

Couple more pics in the thread
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/230456-progress-pics-ultimate-giveaway-car-6.html

tft%2012-1%20weekend%20progress%20010.jpg

Agreed again. I absolutely hate that color G-body parts has for the seats. I would rather put GN seats in than that. It looks absolutely horrible. The color is not even close. I got offered GM original color matched material but how would i make this into seat covers ie: stitching and plastic/rubber strips on seat? Thanks for all the help. Were getting things done here.

same position

I'm also looking for a good interior shop to have my blur seats done.

I just found a shop that is local to me and the guy has done some nice work getting pretty darned close to the original factory grey pallex for my GN seats and interior panels. He can probably get a better match for your blue seats.... Located in S.E. KY. I'll try and post up some comparo pics later...