Seat Repair

84WHSTLR

Restoring my '84 and need Lear seat material or supplier. Could somebody please let me know where I can get original type fabric? I did a search and found where others thought it would be available-I'm wondering if anyone had success in getting it.
Thanx.

The exact material is not avail. I got enough to do mine out of an 83 pontiac STE(back seat). other cloth is made in the same color and simalar pattern. It is not the same but if you do an entire seat it wont stick out like a sore thumb. My suggestion is to go to a junkyard and get the material and have it fixed.:( (84's got left out on this one)

After a search on Lear interiors, I'll assume the seat material is leather, right? The 87 GN seat material is cloth, but if you look at my seats, you'll definitely have a difficult time distinguishing which panel was replaced and on which seat. There are very few companies (SMS fabrics is 1 of 3 in the whole US) that reproduce fabric and because of low demand, these types of companies are dying out. If nothing else, call them and inquire about the material. Mind you it's not cheap. Minimum order is 1 yard of material, and the yard of black cloth cost me $90. Now Bweavy said he would of sold me a whole back seat, and I could of taken the seat to my upholstery guy to use to replace the panel (in my front seat), but i don't know if he has a Lear seats. So there may be another source. But before you decide to poo poo my idea, it won't hurt to call.

I dont mean to be rude. He can call around and look. If you find any that is the same PLEASE tell me. Gofstbuick as far as your 87 int goes yours is still available and easy to find. An 84 has Light sand grey (tan) cloth side bolsters with a diamond patern. and a charcoal leather center section. Our interior is a whole different animal than an 85-87 GN. and to make it worse it only came in 2215 82, and 84 GNs and some 84 T-Types. and the cloth is not available. Its bad enogh to break bad news like this without other people arguing that it is. If you find it ALOT of lear seat owners would be grateful to fix that stupid hole in the side bolster so by all means let me know if you find it. Im sorry this is not meant to be a flame.

Originally posted by Brent
If you find it ALOT of lear seat owners would be grateful to fix that stupid hole in the side bolster so by all means let me know if you find it.

Seriously, mine keeps getting bigger all the time.

Originally posted by Brent
Im sorry this is not meant to be a flame.

Don't even worry, no offense taken. I really hope you guys are able to find a source for material, and I just thought I would give you a source to try. I hope it works out.

Seat Material

There is an outfit in Oregon, Portland, I believe that has our material. I purchases 2 yards of the stuff. It is perfect--original
solid stuff. Any good shop can turn you on to these guys. I'll
look for the receipt in a couple of days. These guys specialize in
hard to find and classic car materials. $$$$ 65.00 per yard.

If you guys are serious about getting this fabric listen to gofstbuick and contact SMS. I had them send me a sample a few months ago. It cost $75 a yard, but is as close of a match as I think you will find!!!!

I have seen this cloth. It is very very close but the dimond patten is slightly different. but the color is exacly the same. I have been told that Im am to picky for my own good, I guess mabey thats true. My opinion is that it dosent match good enough.